WB prepares guarantee transaction for Ukraine
The World Bank prepares USD 800 million guarantee transaction to support reforms in Ukraine.
It was reported by the World Bank.
"At the request of the Ukrainian authorities, the World Bank is preparing a Policy-Based Guarantee (PBG) to support key policy and institutional reforms to promote economic growth, fiscal sustainability, and improved governance. Once appraised and approved, the proposed operation would provide a USD 650 million IBRD guarantee that is expected to help Ukraine raise about USD 800 million through a private transaction in the lending market,” the release states.
In order to proceed with World Bank new transaction, it will be necessary to confirm the completion of all reform actions and the adequacy of the macroeconomic framework.
In this context, it is critical to enact the Law "On Amendments to Some Legal Acts of Ukraine Regarding Financial Sector Improvement in Ukraine" #8331d and the Law "On Amendments to Some Legal Acts of Ukraine on Resumption of Credit" #6027d, both of which were approved by the Verkhovna Rada in July 2018.
It is also critical for the authorities to reach agreement on the fourth review of Ukraine’s program with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), without which the guarantee transaction will be unable to proceed.
The World Bank urges the Ukrainian authorities to complete the pending reform actions and reach an agreement on the IMF Fourth Review.
- 16:5807.12340107.12.2018 | Investments34010Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossibleAfter the conflict in Donbass (Donetsk coal basin) has began in 2014, the situation in the state-owned coal mines looks like one long ordeal
- 15:1003.12325003.12.2018 | Investments32500EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise surveyEBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey in Ukraine
- 12:5722.1065722.10.2018 | Investments6570Horizon Capital plans to invest up to USD 200 million into UkraineHorizon Capital will invest up to USD 200 million into Ukraine over 3-5 years
- 10:2022.1053422.10.2018 | Investments5340Ukraine and IMF agreed on new programUkraine and IMF agreed on new Stand-by arrangement
- 16:1517.1051917.10.2018 | Investments5190Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness ratingUkraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd in WEF competitiveness rating
- 10:0316.1060416.10.2018 | Investments6040AMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in confectionaryAMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in Yarych confectionary
- 10:4509.10120109.10.2018 | Investments12010EBRD approved new strategy for UkraineThe EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
- 10:5628.0951828.09.2018 | Investments5180EIB invested in Ukrzaliznytsia and UkravtodorEIB decided to allocate EUR 50 million to infrasructure of Ukrzaliznytsia and Ukravtodor
16:5807.123401Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123180Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123133FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122861Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123274New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123284Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122880Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122648VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123250EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122906Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises