Itching palms in Deposit Guarantee Fund
The General Prosecutor's Office in cooperation with the Security Service of Ukraine detained one of the authorized officers of the Deposit Guarantee Fund. The officer was arrested at the moment of USD 5 million bribe receipt. Illegal scheme was worked out by public officer for extortion and bribe receipt from heads of banking institutions with temporary administrations.
It was reported by the General Prosecutor, Yurii Lutsenko in Facebook.
"5 million is a price for non-interference of liquidators and other Fund's officers into procedures of liabilities settlement by banks to creditors and disposal of highly marketable assets at understated prices", he wrote.
The Criminal Code sets 12 years of deprivation of freedom for such actions.
- 16:2419.11317819.11.2018 | Conflicts31780TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1056208.10.2018 | Conflicts5620Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0858510.08.2018 | Conflicts5850Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0361729.03.2018 | Conflicts6170Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02118408.02.2018 | Conflicts11840Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0171030.01.2018 | Conflicts7100Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0165018.01.2018 | Conflicts6500General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0190116.01.2018 | Conflicts9010Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.123953Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123783Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123679FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123375Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123771New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123804Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123398Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123145VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123756EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123402Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises