New details in junk securities case
Arrested securities to the amount of UAH 40 billion belonged to companies that was controlled by a criminal group
Economic Protection Department of the National Police reports that securities held by criminal group of issuers were arrested.
It was reported by the press service of the Department in Facebook.
Total sum of capitalization was almost UAH 40 billion.
Previously, officers of Economic Protection Department of the National Police and Especially Important Economic Cases Investigations Department of the General Prosecutor's Office revealed a criminal scheme of junk securities issue.
Officers of Economic Protection Department of the National Police determined the group of entities which conducted financial transactions in the stock market.
34 searches were conducted by the law enforcement bodies.
As for the moment, securities held by abusers are arrested.
The criminal scheme organizers and officials of the involved stock exchanges boosted seurities of controlled issuers and sold them to the companies from real economy sector.
Securities buyers (investment funds, insurance companies) were used in criminal schemes.
Junk securities that totally amounted to more than UAH 1 billion were monthly sold by the criminal group to the real economy sector.
According to the preliminary data, the financial transactions participants gained millin profits for their services monthly.
The law enforcement bodies seized 51 seals and documents confirming criminal activities during the searches.
On October 12, the General Prosecutor's Office conducted searches in the premisses of the National Securities and Stock Market Commission (the NSSMC).
After that, the press-service of the General Prosecutor's Office informed the criminal activities were revealed in the stock market of Ukraine. Criminal schemes related to junk securities of 38 issuers totally amounted to boosted capitalization of UAH 25 billion.
- 11:1705.12384305.12.2018 | Securities market38430Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to tradingUkrainian Exchange admitted Alfa Bank's (Ukraine) bonds of S series and OTP Bank's bonds of F and E series to trading
- 13:1123.10411623.10.2018 | Securities market41160Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 12:1418.1055018.10.2018 | Securities market5500NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 12:2217.1090217.10.2018 | Securities market9020NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 10:5704.1053804.10.2018 | Securities market5380Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 16:3103.1079903.10.2018 | Securities market7990Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 14:0402.1063202.10.2018 | Securities market6320Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 12:2501.1063301.10.2018 | Securities market6330Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
16:5807.123996Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123831Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123723FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123418Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123812New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123843Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123437Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123180VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123795EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123443Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises