Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness rating
Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd among 140 countries in the World Economic Forum's competitiveness rating.
It was stated in documents of Global Competitiveness Index, GCI.
Last year Ukraine was the 81st in the giving rating among 137 countries, the 85th among 138 countries in 2016.
GCI data shows improvement of Ukraine's financial system (the country rised from 120 to 117 position), institutional development (from 118 to 110), infrastructure (from 78 to 57), innovations (from 61 to 58), goods market (from 101 to 73), business development (from 90 to 86), labour market (from 86 to 66).
Ukraine's internal market volume remained at 47th place.
The countries which are close to Ukraine in rating: Dominican republic - 82, Argentina - 81, Macedonia - 84 and Sri Lanka - 85.
At that, the following countries were rated at: 37 - Poland, 43 - Russia, 52 - Romania, 41 - Slovakia, 48 - Hungary, 88 - Moldova.
Belarus is absent in the rating.
1st place was taked by USA, Singapore was the 2nd, Germany was the 3rd.
Totally the rating comprised 140 countries.
- 16:5807.12450307.12.2018 | Investments45030Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossibleAfter the conflict in Donbass (Donetsk coal basin) has began in 2014, the situation in the state-owned coal mines looks like one long ordeal
- 15:1003.12428503.12.2018 | Investments42850EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise surveyEBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey in Ukraine
- 12:5722.1071322.10.2018 | Investments7130Horizon Capital plans to invest up to USD 200 million into UkraineHorizon Capital will invest up to USD 200 million into Ukraine over 3-5 years
- 10:2022.1059122.10.2018 | Investments5910Ukraine and IMF agreed on new programUkraine and IMF agreed on new Stand-by arrangement
- 16:1517.1057517.10.2018 | Investments5750Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness ratingUkraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd in WEF competitiveness rating
- 10:0316.1065316.10.2018 | Investments6530AMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in confectionaryAMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in Yarych confectionary
- 10:4509.10126509.10.2018 | Investments12650EBRD approved new strategy for UkraineThe EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
- 10:5628.0957128.09.2018 | Investments5710EIB invested in Ukrzaliznytsia and UkravtodorEIB decided to allocate EUR 50 million to infrasructure of Ukrzaliznytsia and Ukravtodor
16:5807.124503Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.124346Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.124228FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123899Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.124296New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.124329Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123929Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123658VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.124285EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123932Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises