Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness rating
Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd among 140 countries in the World Economic Forum's competitiveness rating.
It was stated in documents of Global Competitiveness Index, GCI.
Last year Ukraine was the 81st in the giving rating among 137 countries, the 85th among 138 countries in 2016.
GCI data shows improvement of Ukraine's financial system (the country rised from 120 to 117 position), institutional development (from 118 to 110), infrastructure (from 78 to 57), innovations (from 61 to 58), goods market (from 101 to 73), business development (from 90 to 86), labour market (from 86 to 66).
Ukraine's internal market volume remained at 47th place.
The countries which are close to Ukraine in rating: Dominican republic - 82, Argentina - 81, Macedonia - 84 and Sri Lanka - 85.
At that, the following countries were rated at: 37 - Poland, 43 - Russia, 52 - Romania, 41 - Slovakia, 48 - Hungary, 88 - Moldova.
Belarus is absent in the rating.
1st place was taked by USA, Singapore was the 2nd, Germany was the 3rd.
Totally the rating comprised 140 countries.
- 07.12.2018 | Investments5990Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossibleAfter the conflict in Donbass (Donetsk coal basin) has began in 2014, the situation in the state-owned coal mines looks like one long ordeal
- 03.12.2018 | Investments5370EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise surveyEBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey in Ukraine
- 22.10.2018 | Investments3080Horizon Capital plans to invest up to USD 200 million into UkraineHorizon Capital will invest up to USD 200 million into Ukraine over 3-5 years
- 22.10.2018 | Investments2500Ukraine and IMF agreed on new programUkraine and IMF agreed on new Stand-by arrangement
- 17.10.2018 | Investments2370Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness ratingUkraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd in WEF competitiveness rating
- 16.10.2018 | Investments3070AMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in confectionaryAMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in Yarych confectionary
- 09.10.2018 | Investments7040EBRD approved new strategy for UkraineThe EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
- 28.09.2018 | Investments3010EIB invested in Ukrzaliznytsia and UkravtodorEIB decided to allocate EUR 50 million to infrasructure of Ukrzaliznytsia and Ukravtodor
16:5807.12599Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.12363Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.12329FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.12300Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.12562New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.12591Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.12298Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.12196VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.12537EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.12295Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises