Ukraine joins Clearstream
Ukraine will join the system of the international depository Clearstream in 2019.
It was reported by the National Bank of Ukraine.
"Clearstream, the international central securities depository of Deutsche Börse Group, is teaming up with the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) to make Ukrainian government securities eligible in Clearstream’s system. The linkage to the Ukrainian market is scheduled to launch in the first quarter of 2019," the release reads.
This step will enable settlement of all government bonds denominated in the local currency hryvnia through the international system of Clearstream, improving efficiency at international standards while reducing costs for investors.
It is expected that by making local government securities eligible in Clearstream the demand for Ukrainian government bonds will increase, thereby boosting their liquidity and attractiveness in the international market.
As a result, the Ukrainian government will benefit from a wider range of sources of long-term funding and a lower cost of borrowing.
Moreover, the offering will improve the currency structure of public debt and transmission mechanism of the National Bank monetary policy, while contributing to the further development of the Ukrainian capital markets.
"Enabling settlement of government securities in hryvnia in Clearstream’s system is a significant step towards Ukraine becoming a full-fledged participant of global capital markets. Ukraine’s integration into the world-wide financial system will help to increase the inflow of foreign capital to the Ukrainian economy and will strengthen its financial stability," Yakiv Smolii, Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, noted.
- 05.12.2018 | Securities market5530Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to tradingUkrainian Exchange admitted Alfa Bank's (Ukraine) bonds of S series and OTP Bank's bonds of F and E series to trading
- 23.10.2018 | Securities market23100Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 18.10.2018 | Securities market2350NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 17.10.2018 | Securities market5890NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 04.10.2018 | Securities market2300Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 03.10.2018 | Securities market4850Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 02.10.2018 | Securities market2680Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 01.10.2018 | Securities market3220Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
16:5807.12553Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.12342Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.12304FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.12277Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.12524New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.12553Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.12272Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.12183VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.12501EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.12275Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises