Ukraine and EU signed memorandum on macrofinancial aid
On September 14, Valdis Dombrovskis, the European Commission’s Vice-President, Acting Finance Minister Oksana Markarova and NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii, signed a Memorandum of Understanding and a Loan Agreement for the fourth EU macro-financial assistance program at EUR 1 billion. The ceremony was attended by Ukraine’ President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Volodymyr Groisman.
It was reported by the press service of the Ministry of Finance.
Soon, the Ministry of Finance together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide the package of documents to President on the necessity to submit draft law on mentioned agreements ratification by the Parliament.
"I'd like to express gratitude to the European party for operational efficiency and constructivity while implementing new program of macrofinancial aid from the EU to Ukraine," Acting Finance Minister Oksana Markarova said.
As to her, three preliminary programs of EUR 2.81 billion macrofinancial aid from the EU supported the financial system of the state and promoted reforms in Ukraine. The signing of Memorandum of Understanding and a Loan Agreement is the extremely important step to support macroeconomic stability.
Tranches of macrofinancial aid will be uniformly distributed, per each EUR 500 million.
The first tranche is expected in Ukraine in autumn after all internal official procedures will be finished.
The second tranche shall be allocated to Ukraine in spring 2019. The tranche will be disbursed after assessment of measures taken by Ukraine to reform the respective sectors of the state policy.
- 12:5504.12512804.12.2018 | Public finances51280VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018Treasury: VAT refund has increased by 12% from teh beginning of the year.
- 14:5526.10521026.10.2018 | Public finances52100Ukrposhta may close 7 thousand branches in 2019Ukrposhta may close 7 thousand branchres and stop delivering pensions to the villages since 2019
- 10:3623.1061423.10.2018 | Public finances6140Accounting Chamber revealed violations of UAH 310 billion during 22 yearsPoroshenko: Accounting Chamber revealed violations and misallocations of public funds at UAH 310 billion within 22 years
- 12:2508.1060808.10.2018 | Public finances6080State Fiscal Service: third of working population receives envelope salariesState Fiscal Service: 8 million Ukrainians receive envelope wages
- 14:4601.1060901.10.2018 | Public finances6090Parliament may consider state budget bill in first reading in OctoberHead of Budget Committee forecasts the Parliament to consider bill on state budget 2019 in the first reading on October 18-19
- 14:2625.0953725.09.2018 | Public finances5370Ukraine to pay USD 3.3 billion in external debts by the end of 2018Ministry of Finance: by the end of the year, Ukraine shall to redeem USD 3.3 billion in external debt
- 10:3018.0960418.09.2018 | Public finances6040Sale of public land rent was launched on e-auctionsOpenMarket became a platform to sell rent rights to the state land.
- 10:1917.0958917.09.2018 | Public finances5890Government approved draft budget 2019The state budget provides GDP growth at 3% in 2019.
16:5807.126050Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125939Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125757FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.125361Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125783New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125798Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.125405Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.125128VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125780EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.125410Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises