Tihipko is ready to buy another bank
TAS Group is ready to continue buying banks.
It was reported by founder and major shareholder of TAS Group during the VII Ukrainian Banking Forum.
"We will stay up in the debt market. We've bought a lot and are going to continue. VS Bank, which we've bought, is to be in our balance (TAScombank) tomorrow (October 12). We will merge TAS and VS... We are ready to buy another bank and integrate it into TAScombank if necessary. With regards to another bank, Universal Bank, we are to stay in the market," he said.
At that, Tihipko noted the banking group wouldn't reduce number of branches.
"We will augment technologies. On no account we will close branches. We monitor all sales channels. The most efficient sales channel is branches today," he specified.
At that, the businessman outlined that internet banking TAS 24 Business will compete with Privat24.
"We launched TAS 24 Business and will soon become a competitor of PrivatBank in terms of online banking for the smallest business. The team which moved to us from ProvatBank showed good results and we are openning the number of accounts monthly as we did it within a year before," Tihipko said.
Serhiy Tihipko is the owner of TAS, financial and industrial group.
TAScombank and TAS insurance group represent the Group in the financial market.
In December 2016, Tihipko bought Universal Bank and Aegon Life Ukraine, insurance company.
Over 2017, TAScombank bought part of assets and liabilities of insolvent Diamantbank, Novyi Bank and VS Bank.
- 11:0119.11955619.11.2018 | Financial market95560Large companies increased incomes by 10%Large Taxpayers Office: over 9 months, incomes of the largest companies have increased by 10%
- 16:4222.1095622.10.2018 | Financial market9560S&P forecasts hryvnya devaluation down to 30.3 UAH/USD in 2019S&P forecasts Ukraine to receive USD 3 billion from the IMF and hryvnya to devaluate to 30.3 UAH/USD in 2019
- 10:3317.1062617.10.2018 | Financial market6260Companies' business expectations are positiveThe NBU records improvement of business expectations
- 16:5416.1073116.10.2018 | Financial market7310Tihipko is ready to buy another bankTAS Group is ready to continue buying banks
- 10:0701.1065101.10.2018 | Financial market6510Biggest amounts are transferred from Poland to UkraineVolume of private money transfer to Ukraine increased by 24.6% to USD 2.8 billion in Q2
- 14:3624.0962724.09.2018 | Financial market6270Fitch affirmed ratings of Kyiv and KharkivFitch Ratings affirmed Long-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) of Kyiv and Kharkiv B-
- 10:4324.0974424.09.2018 | Financial market7440Clearstream anticipates to open link to Ukraine in 2019Clearstream intends to provide foreign investors with access to Ukrainian domestic government bonds (DGB) in Q1 2019.
- 15:0914.0956214.09.2018 | Financial market5620Smolii anticipates new tranche after IMF visitUkraine continues negotiating with the IMF.
16:5807.127848Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.127802Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.127549FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.127093Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.127461New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.127530Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.127135Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.126839VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.127507EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.127161Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises