Tihipko allowed to buy Diamantbank
The Deposit Guarantee Fund has satisfied an offer made by TAScombank, owned by ex-head of the National Bank of Ukraine Serhiy Tihipko, to act as an assuming bank for part of the assets and liabilities of insolvent Diamantbank, ex-head of Diamantbank Oleh Khodachuk said.
"The Deposit Guarantee Fund just has decided on assuming bank on the base of Diamantbank assets. TAS was determined as the assuming bank", he wrote in his Facebook account on Monday evening.
According to Khodachuk, the volume of assets that is transferred will allow to fully compensate the entire amount of deposits of up to UAH 200 thousand. He noted at the time of temporary administration introduction this amount was UAH 1.24 billion.
"But the most important news for depositors with the deposits exceeding UAH 200,000 is that the fund has kept the overall amount of cash that was on the accounts and in the cash department of the bank! At the time of administration introduction the figure stood at almost UAH 600 million," Khodachuk added.
He thinks that even in case of liquidation, the DGF will spend up to UAH 150 million for different purposes not related to deposit compensation. The resy sum shall be enough to cover most of deposits exceeding UAH 200 thousand.
Khodachuk added that many high quality assets are subject to liquidation proceedings like real estate in the centre of Kyiv, business-centres, recreation centres, loans. These assets weren't included into TAS's offer. The bank could be not allowed to offer volume exceeding guaranteed amount or the Fund's evaluation was higher thenthan the one of TAS," he explained why he thinks the value of assets is about UAH 1 billion.
On April 24, 2017, the NBU declared Diamantbank as insolvent. According to the NBU, teh bank didn't meet the requirement to minimum regulatory capital adequacy requirement at 5%.
- 16:1206.12370306.12.2018 | Banks37030FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11322219.11.2018 | Banks32220Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1079426.10.2018 | Banks7940DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1067517.10.2018 | Banks6750Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1055016.10.2018 | Banks5500EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1058108.10.2018 | Banks5810Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1068705.10.2018 | Banks6870In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1061403.10.2018 | Banks6140Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.123977Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123808Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123703FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123398Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123792New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123824Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123418Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123163VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123776EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123424Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises