Trafigura Ukrainian subsidiary's accounts are arrested by the court decision
Pechersk District Court of the city of Kyiv arrested funds on the accounts of Trafigura Ukraine, LLC, in the State Treasury and Alfa-Bank, according to enkor.
The court decision dated September 19 states that arrest imposes prohibition on any operations with funds deposited on accounts in the State Treasury and withdrawals from accounts in Alfa-Bank.
The arrest was imposed under request of the General Prosecution officers within investigation of embezzlement by Ukrspirt, SE, officials during natural gas procurement. Investigation was launched in mid July 2017.
"The documents of criminal investigation provide that, in 2016-2017, officials of Ukrspirt, SE, Skela Tertsium and unknown persons set up a criminal group for unlawful enrichment via tender procedures for procurement of natural gas for Ukrspirt, SE", the court decision states.
Banking accounts of Skela Tertsium, involvant, are also arrested. Moreover, accounts of Smart Energy, managing company (unites 3 gas producers), Kraft Energy (importer, natural gas trader) and of about 20 more companies are arrested.
Smart Energy press service said that, in 2016-2017, the company had no deals with either Ukrspirt or Skela Tertsium. "Over the period mentioned in the decision of Pechersk District court, Smart Energy, LLC, had no relations with Ukrspirt, SE, and Skela Tersium, LLC. The company will appeal against the court decision in accordance with the effective law", press service commented.
Public data from ProZorro system related to tenders of Ukrspirt, SE, for natural gas supply shows that Trafugura Ukraine, Smart Energy, Kraft Energy didn't participate or win tenders of the state-owned enterprise within the mentioned period.
Gas tender winners of Ukrspirt were Promenergo Resurs, Esko-Pivnich, Gastradeservice, LNG-Trading and Neftegasgroupp Demetra within that period of time. None of these companies is mentioned in the published court decision for the General Prosecution investigation of Ukrspirt case.
Trafigura is the third world raw materials trader after Vitol and Glencore, specialized on trading with metals, gas, oil and mineral fertilizers. 2016 revenues amounted to USD 98.1 billion. The company accounts for 65 offices in 36 countries. On May 6, 2017, Trafigura opened the office in Ukraine. The company has become the biggest private gas importer in the country in a short period of time.
- 16:2419.11512719.11.2018 | Conflicts51270TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1062508.10.2018 | Conflicts6250Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0866710.08.2018 | Conflicts6670Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0367529.03.2018 | Conflicts6750Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02129908.02.2018 | Conflicts12990Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0176430.01.2018 | Conflicts7640Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0170418.01.2018 | Conflicts7040General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0197316.01.2018 | Conflicts9730Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.126050Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125939Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125757FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.125361Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125783New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125798Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.125405Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.125128VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125780EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.125410Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises