Financial Stability Board: cooperation with IMF shall be resumed
Members of Financial Stability Board also agreed to strengthen coordination of fiscal and monetary policy.
Financial Stability Board of Ukraine, which unites Ministry of Finance, National bank of Ukraine and other financial regulators, emphasizes on necessity to renew cooperation of the country with the International Monetary Fund.
It was reported in the release of the Board on the meeting on July 20.
"Implementation of structural reforms that are provided in the cooperation program with the IMF is extremely important for macrofinancial stability of Ukraine and access to funds of the IMF and other international partners," the release states.
Teh Board members also agreed on necessity to strengthen coordination of fiscal and monetary policy.
"The National Bank of Ukraine noted about intention to avoid all forms of fiscal domination including direct or indirect support of budget expenditures. The Ministry of Finance noted the necessity to activate cooperation with the NBU in the context of coordination initiatives in fiscal and monetary policies," the document says.
Members of the Board also supported the necessity of further reforms implementation to ensure price and financial stability.
Member of the Board also discussed NPLs problems in the state-owned banks and supported the proposal of the Ministry of Finance to solve the problem and create Independent Council on Problem Indebtedness under the Board.
Besides, the Board considered and agreed the proposed Action Plan to Regulate the Fund's Debt Burden that was proposed by the Deposit Guarantee Fund. The plan is intended also to avoid further potential insolvency of the Fund.
Recall, since June 2017, Ukraine has been negotianing the gas issue with the IMF. The Fund insists on gas price increase for citizens that could reach from 30% to 60% and depend on price growth in international markets meanwhile Prime Minister thinks such price increase as unreasonable.
As to the source in the government, Ukrainian side has already proposed the IMF about 8 options to change gas price formula which could let to avoid increase up to impractical amount for ordinary citizens as the Fund insists.
The Fund has har-line stance as the government adopted the law on gas price increase which permitted Ukraine to receive the tranche. Later the government on an ex parte basis refused to execute it.
On June 19, 2018, the IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said that gas price prerequisition is crucial for current revision of the IMF program.
As to her, two other prerequisites - amendments to the recently adopted law on High Anti-corruption Court and compliance with the state budget threshold.
On July 12, the Parliament amended the legislation on the High Anti-corruption Court.
- 12:5504.12736904.12.2018 | Public finances73690VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018Treasury: VAT refund has increased by 12% from teh beginning of the year.
- 14:5526.10740526.10.2018 | Public finances74050Ukrposhta may close 7 thousand branches in 2019Ukrposhta may close 7 thousand branchres and stop delivering pensions to the villages since 2019
- 10:3623.1071023.10.2018 | Public finances7100Accounting Chamber revealed violations of UAH 310 billion during 22 yearsPoroshenko: Accounting Chamber revealed violations and misallocations of public funds at UAH 310 billion within 22 years
- 12:2508.1068308.10.2018 | Public finances6830State Fiscal Service: third of working population receives envelope salariesState Fiscal Service: 8 million Ukrainians receive envelope wages
- 14:4601.1069901.10.2018 | Public finances6990Parliament may consider state budget bill in first reading in OctoberHead of Budget Committee forecasts the Parliament to consider bill on state budget 2019 in the first reading on October 18-19
- 14:2625.0962625.09.2018 | Public finances6260Ukraine to pay USD 3.3 billion in external debts by the end of 2018Ministry of Finance: by the end of the year, Ukraine shall to redeem USD 3.3 billion in external debt
- 10:3018.0969118.09.2018 | Public finances6910Sale of public land rent was launched on e-auctionsOpenMarket became a platform to sell rent rights to the state land.
- 10:1917.0966217.09.2018 | Public finances6620Government approved draft budget 2019The state budget provides GDP growth at 3% in 2019.
16:5807.128421Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.128367Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.128108FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.127646Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.128014New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.128076Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.127677Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.127369VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.128058EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.127716Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises