Sberbank changes Board Chairperson
Sberbank (Kyiv) decided to relieve Board Chairperson Ihor Yushko from his dutied since February 1 and appoint Iryna Kniazeva as Acting Chairperson instead.
"Iryna Kniazeva was appointed to the post of Acting Chairperson of the bank's Management Board. She will hold the post on February 1, 2018. Previously she has been Deputy Chairperson of Sberbank, PJSC, Management Board," the bank's notification states.
Ihor Yushko leaves the position of Board Chairperson on January 31, 2018, upon the contract termination.
The bank's Chairman of Board of Directors Lev Khasis expressed gratitude to Ihor Yushko for long years of succesful work in the bank.
In summer 2017, the NBU refused consortium of Latvian Norvik Bank (major shareholder Grigorii Guselnikov) and Belarusian company of Said Gutseriyev (a son of Mikhail Gutseriyev, the owner of RussNeft and Samfar Group).
The refusal to consortium Guselnikov-Gutseriyev was reasoned by the press service of the NBU by the investors' failure to provide documents necessary for verification their comliance with Ukrainian legislation.
The, Belarusian businessman Viktor Prokopenya expressed interest to purchase the bank. At the beginning of July, his company, VP Capital, applied to the NBU to purchase Ukrainian Sberbank but revoked the application later the same month.
The NBu's Deputy Governor Kateryna Rozhkova said about the interest of a foreign investor to purchase Ukrainian subsidiary of Sberbank of Russia in mid September 2017.
Later Belarusian state-owned bank Paritetbank became known to submit documents to the National bank of Ukraine for approval of 100% in Sberbank, PJSC, purchase.
According to Article 34 of the Law of Ukraine "On Banks and Banking", the NBU considers the respective documents within 3 months from the date of complete package of documents receipt.
Sberbank, PJSC (previously - Subsidiary bank of Sberbank of Russia, PJSC; earlier - NRB bank), was founded in 2001. The only owner is Sberbank of Russia.
According to the NBU's data, as on October 1, 2017, the financial institution was ranked the 9th in term of assets volume (UAH 40.69 billion) among 88 banks of the country.
- 16:1206.12527606.12.2018 | Banks52760FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11473519.11.2018 | Banks47350Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1090426.10.2018 | Banks9040DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1073217.10.2018 | Banks7320Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1059516.10.2018 | Banks5950EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1062908.10.2018 | Banks6290Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1078305.10.2018 | Banks7830In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1066303.10.2018 | Banks6630Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.125568Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125445Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125276FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124901Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125319New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125337Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124947Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124667VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125312EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124955Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises