S&P worsened Ukraine's GDP growth forecast from 3.1% to 3.0%
S&P revised Ukraine's GDP growth forecast for 2018 from 3.1% to 3.0%, inflation forecast - from 8.9% to 10.3%
Standard&Poor's, international rating agency, worsened Ukraine's GDP growth forecast from 3.1% to 3.0%, inflation - from 8.9% to 10.3% in 2018.
It was reported by the agency.
It's noted that Ukraine's GDP will grow by 3.0% in 2018 and the inflation will be 10.3%. in 2019 - Ukraine's GDP to grow by 2.5%, the inflation forecast is 7.5%, in 2020 and 2021 - GDP will grow by 3.0%, the inflation - 7%.
According to the statement, the GDP per capita in Ukraine is estimated at USD 2,800 in 2018 or 70% of the GDP per capita in Ukraine in 2013. According to the statement, more than 1 million Ukrainian citizens worked in Poland in 2017.
"Ukrainian per capita wealth is low. Notwithstanding the nearly 20% average increase in nominal GDP since 2016, estimated per capita GDP (USD 2,800 in 2018) is still 70% of its 2013-level and the second lowest, after Tajikistan, in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States," the agency notes.
Low income levels explain high net emigration. Over one million Ukrainians worked in Poland last year, with several hundreds of thousands in other neighboring countries.
This has reportedly caused shortages of qualified labor in western Ukraine, for instance, where a successful automotive industry cluster has been establishing itself over the past few years.
"We project GDP growth will average 2.8% over our forecast horizon through 2021 supported by domestic demand. Absent accelerated reform momentum, however, such a growth rate is unlikely to help Ukraine's income levels converge, even with the less advanced members of the EUС," S&P says.
- 15:3305.12273905.12.2018 | Macroeconomy27390New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approvedThe Government approved drafts Letter of Intent and Memorandum on Cooperation with IMF within stand by program
- 14:5022.1047622.10.2018 | Macroeconomy4760S&P worsened Ukraine's GDP growth forecast from 3.1% to 3.0%S&P revised Ukraine's GDP growth forecast for 2018 from 3.1% to 3.0%, inflation forecast - from 8.9% to 10.3%
- 12:2009.1055009.10.2018 | Macroeconomy5500IMF improved prognosis of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2018The IMF improved forecast for Ukraine's GDP growth from 3.2% to 3.5% in 2018.
- 15:0806.0946106.09.2018 | Macroeconomy4610NBU raised key policy rate to 18%The NBU increased the key policy rate at 0.5 p.p. to 18%
- 10:4603.0938703.09.2018 | Macroeconomy3870Ukraine exports goods and services worth USD 11.2 billion to EU in H1, 2018Ukraine's exports to the EU increased in USD 2 billion
- 16:5628.0840628.08.2018 | Macroeconomy4060NBU said when Ukraine to make arrangements with IMFThe NBU expects to receive USD 2 billion from IMF till the end of autumn.
- 09:5927.0840127.08.2018 | Macroeconomy4010EBRD on privatization: Investors should be realEBRD: new owners of the companies should be real investors.
- 16:1923.0869223.08.2018 | Macroeconomy6920Government prepares to receive next IMF trancheThe government authorized Acting Minister of Finance Oksana Markarova to sign bills in favor of IMF.
16:5807.122808Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.122528Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.122550FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122364Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.122739New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.122743Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122381Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122182VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.122698EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122388Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises