Russians sell ISD
Russian Vnesheconombank (VEB) has intensified the sale of assets, including the problem ones, "Industrial Union of Donbass" (ISD), according to Kommersant.
The ISD consists of enterprises in Ukraine - Dnipro Metallurgical Plant named after Dzerzhinsky, Alchevsk metallurgical plant and Alchevsk Coke Plant - as well as the Hungarian ISD Dunaferr and Polish ISD Huta Chestochowa. Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises of ISD in 2015 received a loss of $24.8 billion UAH (about $1 billion).
Sources of publication say that negotiations for the sale of assets "are carrying out by the first persons." From the VEB – it is the Head of the financial institution Sergey Gorkov, from buyers – it are almost all Russian and Ukrainian industry players, as well as financial institutions.
Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises of ISD in 2015 received the losses of $1 billion.
However, it is no preliminary agreements, no assessment of transactions at the level of relevant departments of companies. It is noted that the ISD debt may exceed $5-7 billion.
VEB said earlier that "investments" in the ISD and the "Zaporizhstal" in 2010-2015 amounted to $10 billion, including loans for "Russian investors" to buy packages in the Ukrainian owners. About $2.5 billion ISD was owed to Western banks. The bank declined to comment, the ISD did not respond to the request for the publication.
One source notes that to find buyers for ISD without substantial debt relief would be "extremely difficult". He added that the Ukrainian business is not enough liquidity (according to "Kommersant", the offer of VEB was sent also to "Metinvest" of Rinat Akhmetov, but they are busy with restructuring their debts) and Russian metallurgists a few years ago considered these assets unattractive.
Remind, that VEB is the largest shareholder of Ukrainian Prominvestbank - 99.39%. 24.99% of ISD belongs to Oleh Mkrtchyan and also such amount of shares belongs to Serghiy Taruta, but its share was arrested on the claim of VTB.
- 14:3707.12378907.12.2018 | Companies’ news37890Kyivstar got new CEOOleksandr Komarov became new CEO of Kyivstar
- 13:5406.12338006.12.2018 | Companies’ news33800Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capitalAMCU allowed BOCE, Chinese commodity exchange, to by more than 25% in PFTS
- 16:0704.12340304.12.2018 | Companies’ news34030Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board ChairmanThe NDU selected Ihor Mitiukov as Supervisory Board Chairman
- 13:4719.11331519.11.2018 | Companies’ news33150Bulgarian EIG got control over European Tourist Insurance, insurance companyBulgarian company, Euroins Insurance Group concentrated 99.99% of European Tourist Insurance, insurance company
- 16:5026.10333026.10.2018 | Companies’ news33300Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 monthsEnergorynok increased profit in 3.7 times up to UAH 2.5 billion and net profit by 17.7% up to UAH 124.7 billion over 9 months
- 15:2823.1052223.10.2018 | Companies’ news5220PFTS was reorganized into PrJSCPFTS, stock exchange, was reotganized into PrJSC
- 11:5623.1072523.10.2018 | Companies’ news7250АХА sold two insurers in UkraineFrench АХА sold AXA Insurance and AXA Life Insurance to Canadian Fairfax Financial Holding
- 13:4605.1068705.10.2018 | Companies’ news6870Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017Ukrnafta 4 times reduced profit evaluation for 2017
16:5807.123960Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123789Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123685FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123380Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123776New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123809Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123403Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123150VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123761EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123409Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises