PwC will file appeal against NBU's decision
"PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC, audit firm, (Ukrainian structure of PwC) intends to appeal against the NBU's resolution to remove it from the Register, according to the company.
The company is ready to examine all options for reversing this decision.
"We are very disappointed that the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) has made a decision to remove us from the list of statutory auditors of Ukrainian banks in relation to our audit of PrivatBank. We do not believe that the reasons given by the NBU justify its decision. We will examine all options for reversing this decision", the company's statement says.
Over the last 6 months, the NBU made some general statements in mass media about quality of PrivatBank audit performed by PwC in 2015.
"We have asked the NBU repeatedly to provide us with specific concerns it has about the quality of our audit of financial statements for 2015. We have also asked for any detailed evidence it has that shows that those financial statements were incorrect. Up to now, the NBU has not provided any specifics," PwC states.
PwC conducted audit of financial statements of PrivatBank in accordance with International Audit Standards in 2015.
The audit conclusion on given financial reporting included a qualification in respect to related-party transactions.
Moreover, financial statements for 2015 described that in the beginning of 2016, PrivatBank and its major shareholders agreed complex refinancing plan with the NBU.
It's also reported that the day befor publication of audit conclusion, namely on June 30, 2016, the NBU, during the meeting with PwC, confirmed the bank's refinancing was performing in accordance with the schedule.
PwC didn't conducted audit of PrivatBank financial statements after December 31, 2015.
The National Bank excluded PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC, audit firm, (Ukrainian structure of PwC) from register of audit firms entitled to audit banks.
The relevant resolution was approved by the NBU's Board on July 20. The background for decision was the recommendations of Banks Audit Committee of the NBU.
- 16:2419.11318319.11.2018 | Conflicts31830TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1056208.10.2018 | Conflicts5620Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0858510.08.2018 | Conflicts5850Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0361729.03.2018 | Conflicts6170Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02118408.02.2018 | Conflicts11840Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0171030.01.2018 | Conflicts7100Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0165018.01.2018 | Conflicts6500General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0190116.01.2018 | Conflicts9010Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.123960Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123789Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123685FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123380Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123776New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123809Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123403Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123150VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123761EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123409Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises