Draft Law on Currency is submitted to Parliament
President Petro Poroshenko introduced draft law on Currency to the Parliament.
The respective draft law #8152 was registered in the Parliament on March 19.
The text of the document is still not available on the Parliament's website.
Recall, the National Bank of Ukraine said draft law "On Currency" provides two types of licenses.
The NBU will issue only the general currency license to the banks and currency license for non-banking institutions like exchange shops after draft law has been adopted.
Aditionally, definition of FX control will be changed into FX surveillance.
At that, the NBu added that amount of thransactions which is subject to reporting will increase up to UAH 300 thousand and international banking settlements will hav eno limits (currently 180 days).
The National Bank will need six months for transitional period and approval of legal acts after the law on currency adoption.
The National Bank anticipates the Parliament to adopt the law on currency in 2018.
On August 9, 2017, the National Bank made public the bill "On Currency" with its own proposals to introduce new model foro FX regulation.
On March 2, the National Council of Reforms headed by President Petro Poroshenko considered draft law "On Currency" which should be introduced into the Parliament.
- 10:1508.1060108.10.2018 | Currency6010Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade: PayPal doesn't want to work in UkraineDeputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade: PayPal doesn't want to come to Ukraine
- 14:1117.0959517.09.2018 | Currency5950Exchange rate is expected at 29.4 UAH/USD at the end of 2019Draft state budget 2019 provides exchange rate decline to 29.4 UAH/USD by the end of the year
- 13:5910.0954510.09.2018 | Currency5450Last week NBU mostly sold than bought currencyNet currency sale by the NBU amounted to USD 19 million in interbank market during September 3-7
- 14:0030.0852230.08.2018 | Currency5220NBU sold USD 49.4 million in interbank marketThe NBU sold USD 49.4 million against demanded USD 66.6 million on auction on Thursday
- 14:4328.0853628.08.2018 | Currency5360Business will move out USD 2.5-3 billion dividends in 2018NBU forecasts USD 2.5-3 billion dividends repatriation in 2018
- 12:3528.0844628.08.2018 | Currency4460More than 200 small privatization lots were put for saleStarting price of small privatization lots exceeds UAH 113 million.
- 13:2727.0860827.08.2018 | Currency6080NBU: 1 USD won't cost 40 UAHNBU's Director of Open Markets Department Serhii Ponomarenko: We're not talking 40 UAH/USD rate.
- 14:1810.0846310.08.2018 | Currency4630NBU's net foreign reserves reducedCurrent net foreign reserves is still by 2.4% higher that at the beginning of the year.
16:5807.126067Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125956Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125773FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.125377Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125799New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125814Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.125422Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.125145VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125797EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.125428Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises