PayPal enters Ukrainian market
PayPal, international internet payment system, launched cross-border transfers fro Ukraine from the USA through its subsidiary Xoom.
It was reported by PayPal for Ukraine Initiative on Facebook.
"Some hours ago, PayPal included cross-border transfers possibility for Ukraine. As for now, it's available for the USA and only trough subsidiary Xoom," announcement reads.
Xoom is a money transfer system that PayPal bought in November 2015.
Earlier Xoom was able to send money to 44 countries, Ukraine was not on this list.
Starting from today, Xoom allows sending money from the U.S. to 130 countries, which include Ukraine.
"Xoom is substantially extending in Eastern Europe and Africa to allow the US clients to send money to 70% of countries in the world. They just have to download Xoom mobile app or go to Xoom web site," the announcement states.
Additionally, Cash Pickup service, which allows recipients in Ukraine to take remittance in one of the banks listed on the Xoom website, was also launched for Ukraine.
The list includes Oschadbank, PrivatBank, Universal Bank, Pravex Bank, Ukrgasbank, etc.
As for the limits: one can send up to USD 2,999 per day, but not more than USD 6,000 during 30 days, or expand the limits through the form on the website, providing additional documents.
- 14:3707.12378907.12.2018 | Companies’ news37890Kyivstar got new CEOOleksandr Komarov became new CEO of Kyivstar
- 13:5406.12338006.12.2018 | Companies’ news33800Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capitalAMCU allowed BOCE, Chinese commodity exchange, to by more than 25% in PFTS
- 16:0704.12340304.12.2018 | Companies’ news34030Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board ChairmanThe NDU selected Ihor Mitiukov as Supervisory Board Chairman
- 13:4719.11331519.11.2018 | Companies’ news33150Bulgarian EIG got control over European Tourist Insurance, insurance companyBulgarian company, Euroins Insurance Group concentrated 99.99% of European Tourist Insurance, insurance company
- 16:5026.10333026.10.2018 | Companies’ news33300Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 monthsEnergorynok increased profit in 3.7 times up to UAH 2.5 billion and net profit by 17.7% up to UAH 124.7 billion over 9 months
- 15:2823.1052223.10.2018 | Companies’ news5220PFTS was reorganized into PrJSCPFTS, stock exchange, was reotganized into PrJSC
- 11:5623.1072523.10.2018 | Companies’ news7250АХА sold two insurers in UkraineFrench АХА sold AXA Insurance and AXA Life Insurance to Canadian Fairfax Financial Holding
- 13:4605.1068705.10.2018 | Companies’ news6870Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017Ukrnafta 4 times reduced profit evaluation for 2017
16:5807.123960Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123789Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123685FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123380Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123776New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123809Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123403Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123150VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123761EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123409Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises