Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxation
Drat law on tikens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament at #9083. According to the web site of the Parliament, more than 20 MPs from different fractions are authors of the legal innitiative.
As the authors note, at a conservative estimate, Ukrainians own cryptocurrencies and other virtual assets at about UAH 100 billion.
"If operations with virtual assets are introduved into legal framework the budget will additionally receve not less than UAH 1.27 billion per annum in 2019-2024," the explanatory note to draft reads.
Aim of draft law adoption:
- take great volume of operations out of the shadow market;
- replenish the state budget for the account of drastically new type of incomes of individuals and legal entities, incomes from operations with virtual assets;
- promotion of virtual assets market development in Ukraine.
The document sets that base rate tax - 18% for profit of enterprises gained from virtual assets operations since January 1, 2024. At that, the authors of draft law consider necessary to set temporary income tax rate for the respective enterprises at 5% during the legal regulation formation of the virtual assets market.
"The most expected drat law (only its tax part) was registered. It's already verified and based on the real facts. Ukraine isn't positioned as crypto offshore. However, we have all chances to become one of the most easy-to-understand cryptoeconomy jurisdiction," Managing Partner of Yuscutum Artem Afyan noted at his Facebook.
- 17.09.2018 | Regulation720Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxationDraft law on tokens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament.
- 17.09.2018 | Regulation850MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversightMPs proposed to strengthen oversight function of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 31.08.2018 | Regulation1110American company to deal with OPP privatizationThe State Property Fund selected an investment advisor.
- 22.08.2018 | Regulation350Government dismissed Ukraine's trade representativeNataliya Mykolska was dismissed from trade representative position.
- 20.08.2018 | Regulation730NBU registered new payment operatorThe National Bank registered Hotline, payment operator
- 14.08.2018 | Regulation780Large Taxpayers Office got Acting HeadSFS appointed ex-head of Dnipro Department Kirill Koreniuk ГФС as Acting Head to Large Taxpayers Office
- 27.07.2018 | Regulation880First small privatization lot was put for sale in UkraineFirst auction will be held on August 30.
- 26.07.2018 | Regulation1400NSSMC to lead cryptocurrency market regulationFIU to control cryptocurrency exchanges, Finance Ministry and SFS - cryptocurrency operations income taxes.
12:2009.1066IMF improved prognosis of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2018 10:4509.1084EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine 16:5908.1052Capital bank liquidation was prolonged 14:4008.1043Investigation against EBRD head was launched 12:2508.1050State Fiscal Service: third of working population receives envelope salaries 10:1508.1060Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade: PayPal doesn't want to work in Ukraine 15:0705.1043In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodies 13:4605.1048Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017 10:4205.1046Ukrposhta redeemed USD 10.2 million 15:3904.1044Kuzmintsy brick yard was sold for UAH 170 million