Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxation
Drat law on tikens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament at #9083. According to the web site of the Parliament, more than 20 MPs from different fractions are authors of the legal innitiative.
As the authors note, at a conservative estimate, Ukrainians own cryptocurrencies and other virtual assets at about UAH 100 billion.
"If operations with virtual assets are introduved into legal framework the budget will additionally receve not less than UAH 1.27 billion per annum in 2019-2024," the explanatory note to draft reads.
Aim of draft law adoption:
- take great volume of operations out of the shadow market;
- replenish the state budget for the account of drastically new type of incomes of individuals and legal entities, incomes from operations with virtual assets;
- promotion of virtual assets market development in Ukraine.
The document sets that base rate tax - 18% for profit of enterprises gained from virtual assets operations since January 1, 2024. At that, the authors of draft law consider necessary to set temporary income tax rate for the respective enterprises at 5% during the legal regulation formation of the virtual assets market.
"The most expected drat law (only its tax part) was registered. It's already verified and based on the real facts. Ukraine isn't positioned as crypto offshore. However, we have all chances to become one of the most easy-to-understand cryptoeconomy jurisdiction," Managing Partner of Yuscutum Artem Afyan noted at his Facebook.
- 12:0703.12496103.12.2018 | Regulation49610Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crisesThe NBU presented Macroprudential Policy Strategy
- 10:2126.1079226.10.2018 | Regulation7920NBU tackles stock market of UkraineThe NBU published proposals to legal regulation of Ukrainian stock market infrastructure
- 16:3423.1086023.10.2018 | Regulation8600Vizor Software is to assist with XBRL implementationVizor Software will assist to implement XBRL for reporting in accordance with IFRS
- 10:3918.1070718.10.2018 | Regulation7070AMCU is to consider acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by TihipkoOn October 18, the AMCU considers acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by Tihipko
- 16:4017.0956517.09.2018 | Regulation5650Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxationDraft law on tokens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament.
- 12:3817.0960017.09.2018 | Regulation6000MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversightMPs proposed to strengthen oversight function of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 10:3331.0872431.08.2018 | Regulation7240American company to deal with OPP privatizationThe State Property Fund selected an investment advisor.
- 16:3922.0848222.08.2018 | Regulation4820Government dismissed Ukraine's trade representativeNataliya Mykolska was dismissed from trade representative position.
16:5807.125575Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125451Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125282FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124907Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125327New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125343Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124953Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124675VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125318EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124961Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises