Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxation
Drat law on tikens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament at #9083. According to the web site of the Parliament, more than 20 MPs from different fractions are authors of the legal innitiative.
As the authors note, at a conservative estimate, Ukrainians own cryptocurrencies and other virtual assets at about UAH 100 billion.
"If operations with virtual assets are introduved into legal framework the budget will additionally receve not less than UAH 1.27 billion per annum in 2019-2024," the explanatory note to draft reads.
Aim of draft law adoption:
- take great volume of operations out of the shadow market;
- replenish the state budget for the account of drastically new type of incomes of individuals and legal entities, incomes from operations with virtual assets;
- promotion of virtual assets market development in Ukraine.
The document sets that base rate tax - 18% for profit of enterprises gained from virtual assets operations since January 1, 2024. At that, the authors of draft law consider necessary to set temporary income tax rate for the respective enterprises at 5% during the legal regulation formation of the virtual assets market.
"The most expected drat law (only its tax part) was registered. It's already verified and based on the real facts. Ukraine isn't positioned as crypto offshore. However, we have all chances to become one of the most easy-to-understand cryptoeconomy jurisdiction," Managing Partner of Yuscutum Artem Afyan noted at his Facebook.
- 12:0703.12283703.12.2018 | Regulation28370Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crisesThe NBU presented Macroprudential Policy Strategy
- 10:2126.1061826.10.2018 | Regulation6180NBU tackles stock market of UkraineThe NBU published proposals to legal regulation of Ukrainian stock market infrastructure
- 16:3423.1068023.10.2018 | Regulation6800Vizor Software is to assist with XBRL implementationVizor Software will assist to implement XBRL for reporting in accordance with IFRS
- 10:3918.1057218.10.2018 | Regulation5720AMCU is to consider acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by TihipkoOn October 18, the AMCU considers acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by Tihipko
- 16:4017.0945517.09.2018 | Regulation4550Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxationDraft law on tokens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament.
- 12:3817.0949617.09.2018 | Regulation4960MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversightMPs proposed to strengthen oversight function of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 10:3331.0858831.08.2018 | Regulation5880American company to deal with OPP privatizationThe State Property Fund selected an investment advisor.
- 16:3922.0836022.08.2018 | Regulation3600Government dismissed Ukraine's trade representativeNataliya Mykolska was dismissed from trade representative position.
16:5807.123339Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123091Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123061FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122808Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123212New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123220Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122824Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122596VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123181EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122837Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises