NBU revoked license of another bank
The National Bank revoked license of DV BANK at the institution's request.
It was reported by the NBU.
"Pursuant to Board Decision No.543-D dated August 14, 2018, the National Bank of Ukraine has revoked the banking and general license of DV BANK, PJSC, to conduct FX operations. This bank has decided to voluntary terminate its banking activities without losing the status of a legal entity," the NBU's release states.
DV BANK PJSC is the fifth bank that has taken such a decision.
The NBU has already revoked the licenses of CB Finansovyi Partner PJSC, Apeks-Bank PJSC, Industrial and Financial Bank PJSC, and Credit Optima Bank PJSC under the same procedure.
The procedure for the voluntary termination of banking activity became possible due to the adoption of the Law of Ukraine "On Simplifying Bank Reorganization and Capitalization Procedures" in March 2017.
Earlier on, banks could voluntarily terminate their activities only through final liquidation, which caused significant disadvantages to their owners, but now banks’ shareholders may decide to terminate their banking activities without losing a legal entity status.
A legal entity that has ceased to be a bank may continue operating in the financial services market (subject to licensing) or carry out other types of economic activities.
Revoking banking and general licenses to conduct FX transactions requires that banks agree with the NBU their plans for the termination of their activities and that they fully meet their liabilities related to banking activities.
- 16:1206.12485206.12.2018 | Banks48520FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11431719.11.2018 | Banks43170Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1087426.10.2018 | Banks8740DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1071817.10.2018 | Banks7180Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1058016.10.2018 | Banks5800EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1061308.10.2018 | Banks6130Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1075905.10.2018 | Banks7590In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1064603.10.2018 | Banks6460Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.125126Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.124995Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.124852FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124482Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.124888New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.124916Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124522Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124246VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.124880EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124532Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises