NBU imposes sanctions
In December, the National bank imposed sanctions against 6 banks, in particular, written notifications and 1 fee for failure to comply with AML/CTF legislation.
Namely, the NBU imposed UAH 35 thousand fee on Bank ¾ for violation of procedures to reveal reported financial operations.
The NBU sent written notifications to the mentioned bank and SEB Corporate Bank, TAScombank, Vernum Bank, Oschadbank and VTB Bank.
Core violations are improper development and upgrade of internal documents for financial monitoring, infringement of procedures to reveal reported financial operations and failure to submit necessary information to the National bank.
It's noted that SEB Coprporate Bank, TAScombank and Bank ¾ used software that doesn't allow to detect automatically and suspend financial operation before its execution, if necessary.
In general, the NBU basing on the results of inspections to prevent money laundering imposed sanctions on 40 banks - 37 written notifications and 15 fees to the total amount of UAH 67.6 million, which were paid in full.
In one case, the regulator had to stop some bank's operations, according to the announcement.
- 16:1206.12527606.12.2018 | Banks52760FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11473519.11.2018 | Banks47350Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1090426.10.2018 | Banks9040DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1073217.10.2018 | Banks7320Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1059516.10.2018 | Banks5950EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1062908.10.2018 | Banks6290Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1078305.10.2018 | Banks7830In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1066303.10.2018 | Banks6630Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.125568Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125445Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125276FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124901Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125321New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125337Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124947Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124669VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125312EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124955Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises