NBU announced the most profit- and loss-making banks
The National bank of Ukraine announced financial performances of the largest Ukrainian banks over 2017.
Information was published on the official web-site of the regulator.
Thus, according to the NBU's data, the most unprofitable were PrivatBank (UAH 22.97 billion), Prominvestbank (UAH 7.67 billion) and VTB (UAH 4.1 billion) in the previous year. Ukrsotsbank (UAH 3.1 billion) and Forvard (UAH 639 million) also entered TOP 5 of loss-making banks.
The last year losses of BTA Bank were UAH 563 million, UAH 446 million losses got Kredit Dnipro, UAH 347 million losses made Clearing house bank, UAH 110 million lost Pravex bank and UAH 84 million - Misto bank. However, some Ukrainian banking system representatives made profit in the last year.
Thus, the greatest profits 2017 were made by: Raiffesen Bank Aval (UAH 4.47 billion), UkrSibbank (UAH 1.47 billion) and Credit Agricole Bank (UAH 1.1 billion). Almost UAH 1 billion profit was gained by each of the bank: Citibank (UAH 1 billion), Ukreximbank (UAH 929 million), OTP Bank (UAH 918 million), FUIB (UAH 786 million), Alfa bank (UAH 655 million), Ukrgasbank (UAH 624 million), and Oschadbank (UAH 559 million).
- 16:1206.12527606.12.2018 | Banks52760FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11473519.11.2018 | Banks47350Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1090426.10.2018 | Banks9040DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1073217.10.2018 | Banks7320Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1059516.10.2018 | Banks5950EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1062908.10.2018 | Banks6290Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1078305.10.2018 | Banks7830In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1066303.10.2018 | Banks6630Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.125568Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125445Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125276FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124901Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125320New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125337Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124947Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124668VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125312EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124955Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises