NBU removed PwC from bank auditors register
The National Bank exempted PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC, audit firm, (Ukrainian structure of PwC) from register of audit firms entitled to audit banks, according to the press service of the regulator.
The relevant resolution was approved by the NBU's Board on Thursday. The background for decision was the appeal of Banks Audit Committee of the NBU.
The regulator emphasizes that the rationale behind this decision was PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit LLC’s verification of misrepresented financial information in the financial statements of PrivatBank. In particular, it concerned information on credit exposure and regulatory capital.
The audit findings of the company were considered as failed to highlight risks faced by the bank, which led to the bank being declared insolvent and nationalized, with substantial recapitalization costs borne by the state.
The NBU is authorized to remove audit firms from the Register of banks’ auditors in accordance with the Law of Ukraine On the National Bank of Ukraine, and On Banks and Banking.
In August 2016, the NBU prohibited BDO, LLC (Kyiv, structure of BDO, international audit firm) to audit banks.
- 16:1206.12684606.12.2018 | Banks68460FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11621619.11.2018 | Banks62160Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.10100726.10.2018 | Banks10070DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1077917.10.2018 | Banks7790Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1065016.10.2018 | Banks6500EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1069208.10.2018 | Banks6920Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1088205.10.2018 | Banks8820In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1070803.10.2018 | Banks7080Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.127142Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.127054Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.126846FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.126422Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.126823New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.126836Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.126462Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.126156VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.126834EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.126462Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises