MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversight
A group of MPs proposes to strengthen oversight by the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) and make it impossible to stop or terminate the bank liquidation or temporary adminiatration procedures.
The respective initiative is introduced in draft amendments to the Law "On Banks and Banking" #9067 registered in the Parliament on September 7, 2018.
"The regulator should have sufficient measures to ensure financial stability of the banks and the banking system business continuity. Thus, given draft law intended to improve the oversight by NBU to ensure further strengthening of Ukraine's banking system and recovery of the banking sector," co-author of the draft bill Ruslan Demchak (fraction of Petro Poroshenko Bloc) published on his web site.
He is sure the adoption of the draft law will improve quality of oversight by the Central bank in part of onsite and offsite inspections that in its turn will provide the NBU with full and relevant information of the banks' fianncial situation.
Additionally, Demchak added that adoption of draft law will bring national legislation in line with requirements of the European Union in the banking.
- 12:0703.12496103.12.2018 | Regulation49610Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crisesThe NBU presented Macroprudential Policy Strategy
- 10:2126.1079226.10.2018 | Regulation7920NBU tackles stock market of UkraineThe NBU published proposals to legal regulation of Ukrainian stock market infrastructure
- 16:3423.1086023.10.2018 | Regulation8600Vizor Software is to assist with XBRL implementationVizor Software will assist to implement XBRL for reporting in accordance with IFRS
- 10:3918.1070618.10.2018 | Regulation7060AMCU is to consider acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by TihipkoOn October 18, the AMCU considers acquisition of Kuznya on Rybalsky by Tihipko
- 16:4017.0956517.09.2018 | Regulation5650Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxationDraft law on tokens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament.
- 12:3817.0959917.09.2018 | Regulation5990MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversightMPs proposed to strengthen oversight function of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 10:3331.0872431.08.2018 | Regulation7240American company to deal with OPP privatizationThe State Property Fund selected an investment advisor.
- 16:3922.0848222.08.2018 | Regulation4820Government dismissed Ukraine's trade representativeNataliya Mykolska was dismissed from trade representative position.
16:5807.125575Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125451Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125282FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124907Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125327New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125343Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124953Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124675VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125318EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124961Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises