MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversight
A group of MPs proposes to strengthen oversight by the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) and make it impossible to stop or terminate the bank liquidation or temporary adminiatration procedures.
The respective initiative is introduced in draft amendments to the Law "On Banks and Banking" #9067 registered in the Parliament on September 7, 2018.
"The regulator should have sufficient measures to ensure financial stability of the banks and the banking system business continuity. Thus, given draft law intended to improve the oversight by NBU to ensure further strengthening of Ukraine's banking system and recovery of the banking sector," co-author of the draft bill Ruslan Demchak (fraction of Petro Poroshenko Bloc) published on his web site.
He is sure the adoption of the draft law will improve quality of oversight by the Central bank in part of onsite and offsite inspections that in its turn will provide the NBU with full and relevant information of the banks' fianncial situation.
Additionally, Demchak added that adoption of draft law will bring national legislation in line with requirements of the European Union in the banking.
- 17.09.2018 | Regulation720Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxationDraft law on tokens and cryptocurrencies taxation was registered in the Parliament.
- 17.09.2018 | Regulation840MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversightMPs proposed to strengthen oversight function of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- 31.08.2018 | Regulation1110American company to deal with OPP privatizationThe State Property Fund selected an investment advisor.
- 22.08.2018 | Regulation350Government dismissed Ukraine's trade representativeNataliya Mykolska was dismissed from trade representative position.
- 20.08.2018 | Regulation730NBU registered new payment operatorThe National Bank registered Hotline, payment operator
- 14.08.2018 | Regulation780Large Taxpayers Office got Acting HeadSFS appointed ex-head of Dnipro Department Kirill Koreniuk ГФС as Acting Head to Large Taxpayers Office
- 27.07.2018 | Regulation880First small privatization lot was put for sale in UkraineFirst auction will be held on August 30.
- 26.07.2018 | Regulation1400NSSMC to lead cryptocurrency market regulationFIU to control cryptocurrency exchanges, Finance Ministry and SFS - cryptocurrency operations income taxes.
12:2009.1066IMF improved prognosis of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2018 10:4509.1084EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine 16:5908.1052Capital bank liquidation was prolonged 14:4008.1043Investigation against EBRD head was launched 12:2508.1050State Fiscal Service: third of working population receives envelope salaries 10:1508.1060Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade: PayPal doesn't want to work in Ukraine 15:0705.1043In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodies 13:4605.1048Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017 10:4205.1046Ukrposhta redeemed USD 10.2 million 15:3904.1044Kuzmintsy brick yard was sold for UAH 170 million