Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issue
Ukraine's Finance Ministry attracted international financial institutions as BNP Paribas, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Citi to arrange a series of meetings with investors and contracted Rothschild as a financial advisor to issue new Eurobonds.
The Ministry's website states that the investors meetings will take place in London on 23 and 24 October, in New York on 23 October, and in Boston on 24 October.
After the meetings, Ukraine is going to issue Eurobonds denominated in USD under Rule 144A (for qualifying American investors) and Reg S (for non-American investors.)
As was reported earlier, Ukraine still plans to obtain almost USD 2 billion international loans in 2018, which were scheduled for the first half of the year. One of the options is to issue Eurobonds, Ukraine's Acting Minister of Finance Oksana Markarova said at the end of the last week.
In September 2017, Ukraine issued 15-year Eurobonds to USD 3 billion with a yield of 7.375%. The issuance was arranged by BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. Together with issuing a new Eurobonds, Ukraine's Finance Ministry repurchased Eurobonds that matured in 2019 and 2020 to the amount of USD 1.576 billion. Last year's deal was the first one for Ukraine to place Eurobonds on the international market since 2013. From 2014 to 2016, Ukraine placed USD 1 billion worth of 5-year Eurobonds every year. Since the repayment of the bonds had been guaranteed by the United States, Ukraine managed to take loans at record-breaking rates.
- 05.12.2018 | Securities market6370Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to tradingUkrainian Exchange admitted Alfa Bank's (Ukraine) bonds of S series and OTP Bank's bonds of F and E series to trading
- 23.10.2018 | Securities market26910Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 18.10.2018 | Securities market2720NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 17.10.2018 | Securities market6250NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 04.10.2018 | Securities market2640Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 03.10.2018 | Securities market5210Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 02.10.2018 | Securities market3090Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 01.10.2018 | Securities market3590Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
16:5807.12642Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.12411Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.12371FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.12336Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.12602New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.12637Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.12333Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.12219VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.12580EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.12330Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises