Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issue
Ukraine's Finance Ministry attracted international financial institutions as BNP Paribas, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Citi to arrange a series of meetings with investors and contracted Rothschild as a financial advisor to issue new Eurobonds.
The Ministry's website states that the investors meetings will take place in London on 23 and 24 October, in New York on 23 October, and in Boston on 24 October.
After the meetings, Ukraine is going to issue Eurobonds denominated in USD under Rule 144A (for qualifying American investors) and Reg S (for non-American investors.)
As was reported earlier, Ukraine still plans to obtain almost USD 2 billion international loans in 2018, which were scheduled for the first half of the year. One of the options is to issue Eurobonds, Ukraine's Acting Minister of Finance Oksana Markarova said at the end of the last week.
In September 2017, Ukraine issued 15-year Eurobonds to USD 3 billion with a yield of 7.375%. The issuance was arranged by BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. Together with issuing a new Eurobonds, Ukraine's Finance Ministry repurchased Eurobonds that matured in 2019 and 2020 to the amount of USD 1.576 billion. Last year's deal was the first one for Ukraine to place Eurobonds on the international market since 2013. From 2014 to 2016, Ukraine placed USD 1 billion worth of 5-year Eurobonds every year. Since the repayment of the bonds had been guaranteed by the United States, Ukraine managed to take loans at record-breaking rates.
- 11:1705.12686905.12.2018 | Securities market68690Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to tradingUkrainian Exchange admitted Alfa Bank's (Ukraine) bonds of S series and OTP Bank's bonds of F and E series to trading
- 13:1123.10436623.10.2018 | Securities market43660Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 12:1418.1067618.10.2018 | Securities market6760NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 12:2217.10100717.10.2018 | Securities market10070NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 10:5704.1065304.10.2018 | Securities market6530Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 16:3103.1091303.10.2018 | Securities market9130Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 14:0402.1076702.10.2018 | Securities market7670Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 12:2501.1072601.10.2018 | Securities market7260Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
16:5807.127177Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.127089Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.126879FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.126453Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.126854New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.126869Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.126493Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.126187VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.126866EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.126493Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises