Kyivstar got new CEO
The VEON international telecom group has appointed Oleksandr Komarov to teh post of CEO in Kyivstar, mobile communications operator.
As the Veon's press release reads, Komarov also runs the post of CEO of Beeline Kazakhstan, a part of the holding, since 2015.
In June 2018, he was appointed as Acting CEO of Kyivstar.
Komarov has been CEO of a large Ukrainian marketing company GroupM before he came to Veon. He holds an MBA from the Stockholm School of Economics and is also a graduate of the Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
"Ukraine is where I was born and started my career, so I’m incredibly proud to return to Kyivstar as CEO on a permanent basis,” Komarov commented on his decision.
In July, Petr Chernyshov was dismissed from position of Kyivstar President. He also left Veon Group in which he was responsible for the company's development in some other regions additionally to Ukraine.
CEO of Beeline Kazakhstan Oleksandr Komarov was appointed as Acting CEO in Kyivstar at the same time.
Cernyshov was appointed as the company's President in June 2014. He replaced the founder and long-term head Ihor Lytovchenko. Previously he headed Carlsberg Ukraine.
Kyivstar is the leading Ukrainian mobile communications operator. Its profit for 2017 increased by 10.6% compared with 2016 - up to UAH 16.54 billion, EBITDA – by 18.1%, up to UAH 9.221 billion.
- 14:3707.12300107.12.2018 | Companies’ news30010Kyivstar got new CEOOleksandr Komarov became new CEO of Kyivstar
- 13:5406.12274906.12.2018 | Companies’ news27490Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capitalAMCU allowed BOCE, Chinese commodity exchange, to by more than 25% in PFTS
- 16:0704.12276604.12.2018 | Companies’ news27660Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board ChairmanThe NDU selected Ihor Mitiukov as Supervisory Board Chairman
- 13:4719.11271819.11.2018 | Companies’ news27180Bulgarian EIG got control over European Tourist Insurance, insurance companyBulgarian company, Euroins Insurance Group concentrated 99.99% of European Tourist Insurance, insurance company
- 16:5026.10273926.10.2018 | Companies’ news27390Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 monthsEnergorynok increased profit in 3.7 times up to UAH 2.5 billion and net profit by 17.7% up to UAH 124.7 billion over 9 months
- 15:2823.1045223.10.2018 | Companies’ news4520PFTS was reorganized into PrJSCPFTS, stock exchange, was reotganized into PrJSC
- 11:5623.1063623.10.2018 | Companies’ news6360АХА sold two insurers in UkraineFrench АХА sold AXA Insurance and AXA Life Insurance to Canadian Fairfax Financial Holding
- 13:4605.1059005.10.2018 | Companies’ news5900Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017Ukrnafta 4 times reduced profit evaluation for 2017
16:5807.123262Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123001Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.122982FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122749Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123153New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123161Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122766Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122548VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123113EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122786Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises