Cyprian court "froze" USD 820 million of Akhmetov
On December 27, District Court of Nicosia decided to freeze assets of Rinat Akhmetov, businessman, to the amount of USD 820 million in Ukrtelecom case.
It was reported by Financial Times.
The edition noted that assets were frozen under Raga Establishment lawsuit.
"Raga Establishment filed a lawsuit against Akhmetov and other claims to pay in full for Ukrtelecom, telecommunication group, purchase," according to the edition.
In accordance with the court decision, Akhmetov and other respondents are free to deal with their property so long as assets worth at least USD 820.5million — the amount sought by Raga in the litigation — are preserved and certain large transactions are notified to Raga in advance.
Raga also was reported to sell Ukrtelecom to Akhmetov for USD 860 million in 2013, with Akhmetov paying USD 100 million upfront but nothing since.
- 14:3707.12317607.12.2018 | Companies’ news31760Kyivstar got new CEOOleksandr Komarov became new CEO of Kyivstar
- 13:5406.12285906.12.2018 | Companies’ news28590Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capitalAMCU allowed BOCE, Chinese commodity exchange, to by more than 25% in PFTS
- 16:0704.12287804.12.2018 | Companies’ news28780Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board ChairmanThe NDU selected Ihor Mitiukov as Supervisory Board Chairman
- 13:4719.11282319.11.2018 | Companies’ news28230Bulgarian EIG got control over European Tourist Insurance, insurance companyBulgarian company, Euroins Insurance Group concentrated 99.99% of European Tourist Insurance, insurance company
- 16:5026.10283926.10.2018 | Companies’ news28390Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 monthsEnergorynok increased profit in 3.7 times up to UAH 2.5 billion and net profit by 17.7% up to UAH 124.7 billion over 9 months
- 15:2823.1048923.10.2018 | Companies’ news4890PFTS was reorganized into PrJSCPFTS, stock exchange, was reotganized into PrJSC
- 11:5623.1068423.10.2018 | Companies’ news6840АХА sold two insurers in UkraineFrench АХА sold AXA Insurance and AXA Life Insurance to Canadian Fairfax Financial Holding
- 13:4605.1064405.10.2018 | Companies’ news6440Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017Ukrnafta 4 times reduced profit evaluation for 2017
16:5807.123400Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123176Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123132FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122859Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123269New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123277Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122878Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122648VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123247EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122903Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises