EBRD specified challenges for entry to Oschadbank capital
The main but not the only obstacle for the EBRD to enter the capital of state-owned Oschadbank was absence of the Law on Corporate Governance Improvement in State-Owned Banks, which was adopted by the Parliament on July 5.
It was reported to UNIAN by Managing Director for Eastern Europe and the Caucasus for the EBRD, Francis Malige.
"It was one of the main obstacles but similar to any investment we still have a lot to do - we shall carry out evaluation, agree conditions, prepare contract," Malige said.
Additionally, the law adopted by the Parliament didn't exclude Oschadbank from the list of state-owned assets which are not subject to privatization.
"It's another important step," Malige added. As to him, it requires more amendments to the legislation.
The EBRD Representative didn't mention specific terms of the entry to Oschadbank: " We're still working. It's early to speak about the date."
At the same time he said the appointment of new supervisory board of Oschadbank shouldn't be bound by this very process. "The new law sets the supervisory board shall be appointed within the next few months," Malige explained.
- 11:0119.11549319.11.2018 | Financial market54930Large companies increased incomes by 10%Large Taxpayers Office: over 9 months, incomes of the largest companies have increased by 10%
- 16:4222.1076722.10.2018 | Financial market7670S&P forecasts hryvnya devaluation down to 30.3 UAH/USD in 2019S&P forecasts Ukraine to receive USD 3 billion from the IMF and hryvnya to devaluate to 30.3 UAH/USD in 2019
- 10:3317.1047417.10.2018 | Financial market4740Companies' business expectations are positiveThe NBU records improvement of business expectations
- 16:5416.1056316.10.2018 | Financial market5630Tihipko is ready to buy another bankTAS Group is ready to continue buying banks
- 10:0701.1050301.10.2018 | Financial market5030Biggest amounts are transferred from Poland to UkraineVolume of private money transfer to Ukraine increased by 24.6% to USD 2.8 billion in Q2
- 14:3624.0948624.09.2018 | Financial market4860Fitch affirmed ratings of Kyiv and KharkivFitch Ratings affirmed Long-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) of Kyiv and Kharkiv B-
- 10:4324.0957424.09.2018 | Financial market5740Clearstream anticipates to open link to Ukraine in 2019Clearstream intends to provide foreign investors with access to Ukrainian domestic government bonds (DGB) in Q1 2019.
- 15:0914.0940914.09.2018 | Financial market4090Smolii anticipates new tranche after IMF visitUkraine continues negotiating with the IMF.
16:5807.123401Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123180Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123133FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122861Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123274New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123284Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122880Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122648VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123250EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122906Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises