EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the World Bank Group (WBG) are launching a new round of enterprise surveys in more than 40 countries including Ukraine.
It was reported by the EBRD.
The objective of the Survey is to seek feedback from private sector enterprises on the state of the business environment in each of the participating countries, and use the feedback to assess opportunities and constraints to private sector growth.
In each country the survey will be conducted through interviews with private firms in the manufacturing and services sectors.
Ipsos, company, has been hired in Ukraine to collect the respective data. The company will start surveying random selected companies in December 2018.
This work will continue till May 2019. Preliminary findings of the survey are expected in the second half of 2019.
The survey findings along with collected data in other countries will be assesses to develop better understanding how to increase investments, effectiveness of enterprizes and economic growth rate in the participating countries.
The survey is similar to other WBG's surveys that are based on the standard methodics and conducted all over the world/
Topics included in the questionnaire – such as productivity, the adoption of technology and innovation, competition, the qualification of the workforce, informality, access to financial services, infrastructure and the impact of government regulations – will be comparable on a global scale.
The survey will also include a module on the green economy.
A new round of enterprise surveys will be conducted in more than 40 countries in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and North Africa.
- 16:5807.121140507.12.2018 | Investments114050Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossibleAfter the conflict in Donbass (Donetsk coal basin) has began in 2014, the situation in the state-owned coal mines looks like one long ordeal
- 15:1003.121108203.12.2018 | Investments110820EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise surveyEBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey in Ukraine
- 12:5722.10100722.10.2018 | Investments10070Horizon Capital plans to invest up to USD 200 million into UkraineHorizon Capital will invest up to USD 200 million into Ukraine over 3-5 years
- 10:2022.1087122.10.2018 | Investments8710Ukraine and IMF agreed on new programUkraine and IMF agreed on new Stand-by arrangement
- 16:1517.1086517.10.2018 | Investments8650Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness ratingUkraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd in WEF competitiveness rating
- 10:0316.1093816.10.2018 | Investments9380AMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in confectionaryAMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in Yarych confectionary
- 10:4509.10154409.10.2018 | Investments15440EBRD approved new strategy for UkraineThe EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
- 10:5628.0983628.09.2018 | Investments8360EIB invested in Ukrzaliznytsia and UkravtodorEIB decided to allocate EUR 50 million to infrasructure of Ukrzaliznytsia and Ukravtodor
16:5807.1211405Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.1211416Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.1211090FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.1210640Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.1211024New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.1211022Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.1210646Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.1210301VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.1211082EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.1210647Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises