ICU clears reputation
December 13, Desnyanskyi District Court of Kyiv satisfied the claim of Investment Capital Ukraine LLC (ICU) against Pavlo Kostenko (MP, Samopomich) regarding misinformation on professional activities of ICU Group and damaging its reputation, according to the press service of the company.
According to the court's decision Pavlo Kostenko is obliged to refute information he previously had disseminated with regards to:
- participation of Investment Capital Ukraine LLC in operations intended to pull funds from the state financial institutions;
- payment for corruption services (orders) to other market participants as well as civil servants involved in such operations by Investment Capital Ukraine LLC.
The court compelled Kostenko to refute misrepresentation of ICU through the sources where unreliable information had been published, in particular, web portal eizvestia.com and his personal Facebook account.
Recall, in April this year, Pavlo Kostenko had published a copy of the MP's request to the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, NBU, NSSMC and PJSC Settlement Center Servicing Contracts on Financial Markets to provide information on deals which were conducted by Investment Capital Ukraine LLC and PJSC Bank Avangard in 2015. He provided some examples of operations with IGDB which seemed to him as speculative and brought a substantial speculative profit to trading participants. However, neither Investment Capital Ukraine LLC nor PJSC Bank Avangard were parties to any operation accented by Kostenko.
In May, Investment Capital Ukraine LLC (ICU) appealed to Desnyanskyi District Court of Kyiv for protection of business reputation and rebutement of misrepresentation.
- 16:2419.11269919.11.2018 | Conflicts26990TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1053808.10.2018 | Conflicts5380Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0854910.08.2018 | Conflicts5490Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0359429.03.2018 | Conflicts5940Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02112608.02.2018 | Conflicts11260Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0168830.01.2018 | Conflicts6880Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0162818.01.2018 | Conflicts6280General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0187016.01.2018 | Conflicts8700Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.123400Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123176Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123132FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122859Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123269New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123277Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122878Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122648VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123247EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122903Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises