Head of Vernum bank is detained on "Towers of Boyko" case
The General Prosecution suspects Nataliya Ignatchenko in embezzlement of Chornomornaftogas UAH 3.2 billion
Vernum bank Head of Supervisory Board Nataliya Ignatchenko is detained under suspect in money laundering. It was reported by General Porsecutor Yuriy Lutsenko in his Facebook account.
"Ignatchenko and Frolov were also detained. They are suspected of laundering, through controlled non-resident enterprises, the money received by members of an organized criminal group. Today, a preventive measure in the form of custody or UAH 1 billion bail will be selected for them," Lutsenko wrote.
According to the General Prosecutor's Office, Vernum Bank owner and Head of Supervisory Board and one more person in the case of ex-Vice-Prime Minister Sergey Arbuzov were reported about suspicion under part 1 Article 255 (creation of criminal organization), part 4 Article 28 and part 5 Article 191 (embezzlement), part 4 Article 28, part 1 Article 366, part 4 Article 28, part 3 Article 209 (money laundering) of the Criminal Code on the facts of participation in a criminal organization under the leadership of former President Viktor Yanukovych.
The General Prosecutor's Office specified that mentione dpersons are suspected of UAH 3.2 billion embezzlement with other members of criminal organization while purchase of two jackup drilling rigs В312 and В319 for state-owned JSC Chornomornaftogas and their legalization through the controlled companies.
The only owner of Vernum bank via Luks-Info LLC is Nataliya Ignatchenko. She also heads the Supervisory Board of the bank. According to the NBU, Vernum bank was the 74th in terms of total assets volume (UAH 360.12 million) among 90 banks as on April 1, 2017.
In July 2017, Lutsenko declared on progress in "Boyko towers" case and ongoing investigation with regards to MP upon testimonies of Oleksand Katsuba, ex-Board Chairman of Nafrogaz of Ukraine, who entered plea agreement.
- 16:1206.12362506.12.2018 | Banks36250FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11315319.11.2018 | Banks31530Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1079026.10.2018 | Banks7900DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1067217.10.2018 | Banks6720Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1054716.10.2018 | Banks5470EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1057908.10.2018 | Banks5790Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1068005.10.2018 | Banks6800In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1061203.10.2018 | Banks6120Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.123898Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123726Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123625FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123322Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123720New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123753Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123343Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123094VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123705EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123350Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises