GPU: UAH 500 million were pulled from public banks via manipulations with IGDB
The General Prosecutor's Office investigates IGDB operations involving as a mechanism to pull out funds from state banks.
Main Investigation Directorate of the General Prosecutor's Office conducts pre-trial investigation of operations with IGDB use to pull out funds from the state banks.
It's stated in the court decision dated on November 29.
Pre-trial investigation detected the officers of the state banks intentionally (to the benefit of Fondovyi Aktiv, Bond and other companies) manipulated OTC contracts on Perspectiva stock exchange to embezzle funds of the state banks to the total amount of UAH 500 million during 2012-2014.
"Pre-trial investigation's results revealed the officers of Oschadbank, Ukrgazbank, Ukreximbank and OTP bank sold IGDB series UA NN4000177919, 4000178024, 4000173314, 4000178891, 4000173314, 4000176093, 4000137277, 4000142137, 4000138853 with the help of Fondovyi Aktiv, Bond, Qhenox Limited and other business entities and manipulated to rise IGDB prices. Then they sold the securities to another state bank of Ukraine that resulted in damage totally amounted to UAH 500 million", court order states.
On November 29, the court provided the prosecutors with a temporary access to papers related to IGDB operations (including documents of the National Bank of Ukraine and the National Securities and Stock Market).
- 16:2419.11312919.11.2018 | Conflicts31290TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1056008.10.2018 | Conflicts5600Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0858210.08.2018 | Conflicts5820Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0361629.03.2018 | Conflicts6160Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02118108.02.2018 | Conflicts11810Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0170930.01.2018 | Conflicts7090Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0164918.01.2018 | Conflicts6490General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0190016.01.2018 | Conflicts9000Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.123899Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123727Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123626FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123323Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123721New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123754Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123344Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123095VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123706EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123351Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises