Fridman sells Morshynska producer
Mikhail Fridman's Alfa Group, which bought control stake in IDS Borjomi, one of the largest waters producer, from Borys Berezovski and Badri Patarkatsishvili's heritors in 2013, negotiates sale of this business.
It was reported by Kommersant.
Coca-Cola expresses interest to buy IDS Borjomi but the most closer to buy the waters producer is Nestle. The deal, which experts evaluate at amount up to USD 630 million, will let the latter company to return Sviatoy Istochnik brand occupying almost 10% of Russian market.
As to one of the sources, the deal with Nestle is almost agreed. From the very beginning, Fridman intended to sell IDS Borjomi to Nestle, as to top manager of Russian waters producer.
The other source says Coca-Cola is also the party to negotiations. The source that is close to negotiations process confirmed interest of the company to IDS Borjomi. Nestle and Coca-Cola refused to comment.
IDS Borjomi is one of largest bottle water producers in Eurasia. It manges nine plants in Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. Brands portfolio includes Borjomi, Sviatoy Istochnik and Morshynska.
In 2017, the company's sales amounted to about USD 1.5 billion.
In 2013, Alfa Group bought the control stake in IDS Borjomi from Salford Capital Partners Inc., which is close to Boris Berezovski and his busines partner Badri Patarkatsishvili's heritors. The company managed 87.34% in IDS Borjomi via VDP fund.
As to Forbes, Alfa Group received 55.8% in IDS Borjomi, Patarkatsishvili's heritors owned 37.2%, the rest possessed minority shareholders in Ukraine and Georgia.
The sources of Forbes evaluated 100% in IDS Borjomi at about USD 500 million as on the date of deal conclusion, consequently 55.8% of the company could cost about USD 280 million.
- 14:3707.12780207.12.2018 | Companies’ news78020Kyivstar got new CEOOleksandr Komarov became new CEO of Kyivstar
- 13:5406.12709306.12.2018 | Companies’ news70930Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capitalAMCU allowed BOCE, Chinese commodity exchange, to by more than 25% in PFTS
- 16:0704.12713504.12.2018 | Companies’ news71350Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board ChairmanThe NDU selected Ihor Mitiukov as Supervisory Board Chairman
- 13:4719.11695519.11.2018 | Companies’ news69550Bulgarian EIG got control over European Tourist Insurance, insurance companyBulgarian company, Euroins Insurance Group concentrated 99.99% of European Tourist Insurance, insurance company
- 16:5026.10693626.10.2018 | Companies’ news69360Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 monthsEnergorynok increased profit in 3.7 times up to UAH 2.5 billion and net profit by 17.7% up to UAH 124.7 billion over 9 months
- 15:2823.1070123.10.2018 | Companies’ news7010PFTS was reorganized into PrJSCPFTS, stock exchange, was reotganized into PrJSC
- 11:5623.1094423.10.2018 | Companies’ news9440АХА sold two insurers in UkraineFrench АХА sold AXA Insurance and AXA Life Insurance to Canadian Fairfax Financial Holding
- 13:4605.1088905.10.2018 | Companies’ news8890Ukrnafta worsened profit prognosis in 2017Ukrnafta 4 times reduced profit evaluation for 2017
16:5807.127848Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.127802Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.127549FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.127093Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.127461New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.127530Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.127135Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.126839VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.127507EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.127160Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises