Stock market community assumes informational "leak" from NSSMC
Gathering of information and opinions about the most clamorous scandal on Ukrainian stock market continues. StockWorld.com.ua has asked Ihor Kogut, Director, AMC Finex Capital about his insights on the issue.
SW: As to you, could it really be the truth? Surely, in Ukraine. But in "civilized", Western world?
IK: Unfortunately, to hack an e-mail is a piece of cake nowadays. It doesn't matter whether it's an e-mail of NSSMC representative or someone else. Also, confidential information could leak through such a breaks. The second source of the confidential information leak or dump could be the subjects who posses it or have free access to it. And such incident could happen everywhere, so one can't speak about any concrete country. However, it supposes different consequences and various levels of probability. It directly depends on irreversibility of punishment, officials' consciousness of punishment, which, as a consequence, influence probability of similar incidents. Thus, the term "incident" relates to the fact which became widely known by the public. As a rule, the percentage of facts which became known is low enough.
SW: How do you assess security of information on deals, client data, etc. in this connection? What damage could cause such "breach" or "leak" for market participants in case the regulator might potentially disseminate such information?
IC: Unfortunately, informational security is based on subjective factor. If someone is going to commit an illegal act, he/she definitely will commit it. In case such an act permits to achieve any desired effect for own purposes and punishment is little expected, thus, no protection will work. Damage? Of course, "leaked" market participants will be affected. Information of low interest will unlikely become public. Any event on stock market could be considered from different points of view that will depend on data representation and its integrity or selectivity so the public perceprion could be changed into diametriacally opposed to the truth. It's absolutely depends on who posesses information and what aim is set.
SW: Could this situation influence investment image of Ukraine? If 'yes", in which way? Or it's all for nothing?
IK: All the events which enphasize more underdevelopment of our marklet, its inferiority or no investment climate, one-sidedness of fiscal policy, absence of internal investors and investors' protection are definitely influence investment image of Ukraine. NSSMC is surely plays one of the key roles in this process. Anyway, it should at least. What about us? We all believe in better future!!!
StockWorld.com.ua shares dreams, hopes and aims of the market. Connect us at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, in Facebook, or by phone…! Every opinion matters!
- 10:2322.0840422.08.2018 | Top4040NDU's Participants Council selected14 persons were selected to NDU's Participants Council
- 15:2903.0748803.07.2018 | Top4880Verkhovna Rada rejected Capital Markets billThe Parliament defeated the draft law on capital markets and regulated markets
- 14:2024.0549924.05.2018 | Top4990Will Ukrainian Exchange halt trading because of sanctions?NSDC imposed sanctions against software of Moscow Exchange, which is used by Ukrainian Exchange
- 16:3810.0434610.04.2018 | Top3460NSSMC resumes to hold meetings of Committee on Corporate GovernanceThe NSSMC resumes to hold meetings of the Committee on Corporate Governance and Stock Market Instruments Development
- 12:3614.0381514.03.2018 | Top8150NBU to replace 1-10 UAH banknotes with coinsNBU will introduce coins of UAH 1 and 2 denomination in circulation for gradual banknotes replacement since April 27, UAH 5 and 10 since 2019
- 10:2101.0368601.03.2018 | Top6860Poroshenko appointed new NSSMC CommissionerPoroshenko appointed Maksym Libanov as NSSMC Commissioner
- 10:5121.0964421.09.2017 | Top6440Ukrainian Financial Forum 2017 is held in OdesaUkrainian Financial Forum is traditionally organized by ICU, investment group.
- 10:1529.0875129.08.2017 | Top7510Two bankers run for NBU Governor officeThe President is going to propose a candidate for NBU Governor office to Parliament's consideration in September
16:5807.123888Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123711Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123615FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123312Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123710New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123743Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123333Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123083VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123695EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123340Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises