Experts improved GDP growth forecast for Ukraine
Experts lifted GDP forecast from 3.0% to 3.2% in 2018, according to consensus prognosis of the Ministry of Economy
Experts lifted GDP forecast from 3.0% to 3.2% in 2018, according to consensus prognosis that was organized by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade.
It was reported by the Ministry of Economy.
Thus, the experts project growth of the real GDP at 3.2% in 2018 meanwhile in 2019 - at 3.1%, in 2020 - at 3.3%, and in 2021 - at 4%.
Previously the GDP prognosis for 2019 and 2020 was 3.6% and 4% respectively.
Nominal GDP for this year is prognosed at USD 3 450.7 billion level.
Level of inflation, according to the prognosis, is 9.7% in 2018 (on December 2018 by December 2017 basis), 8% in 2019, 6.8% in 2020, 6.4% in 2021.
In the last December, the experts expected inflation growth up to 8% in 2018, 5.9% in 2019, and 5% in 2020.
Prognosis for interest rate is 16%.
UAH rate forecast was improved to 29.15 UAH/USD vs previous 29.85 UAH/USD, to 30.43 UAH/USD at the end of 2019.
Year-average price to oil will be USD 60 p/b, USD 62.5 p/b in 2019, USD 63.6 p/b in 2020.
Year-average price to gas will be USD 256.1 per 1 thousant cu m in 2018, and USD 270 in 2019.
- 15:3305.12271205.12.2018 | Macroeconomy27120New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approvedThe Government approved drafts Letter of Intent and Memorandum on Cooperation with IMF within stand by program
- 14:5022.1047022.10.2018 | Macroeconomy4700S&P worsened Ukraine's GDP growth forecast from 3.1% to 3.0%S&P revised Ukraine's GDP growth forecast for 2018 from 3.1% to 3.0%, inflation forecast - from 8.9% to 10.3%
- 12:2009.1054509.10.2018 | Macroeconomy5450IMF improved prognosis of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2018The IMF improved forecast for Ukraine's GDP growth from 3.2% to 3.5% in 2018.
- 15:0806.0945906.09.2018 | Macroeconomy4590NBU raised key policy rate to 18%The NBU increased the key policy rate at 0.5 p.p. to 18%
- 10:4603.0938403.09.2018 | Macroeconomy3840Ukraine exports goods and services worth USD 11.2 billion to EU in H1, 2018Ukraine's exports to the EU increased in USD 2 billion
- 16:5628.0840428.08.2018 | Macroeconomy4040NBU said when Ukraine to make arrangements with IMFThe NBU expects to receive USD 2 billion from IMF till the end of autumn.
- 09:5927.0839827.08.2018 | Macroeconomy3980EBRD on privatization: Investors should be realEBRD: new owners of the companies should be real investors.
- 16:1923.0868823.08.2018 | Macroeconomy6880Government prepares to receive next IMF trancheThe government authorized Acting Minister of Finance Oksana Markarova to sign bills in favor of IMF.
16:5807.122781Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.122496Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.122522FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122338Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.122712New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.122713Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122355Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122157VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.122668EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122362Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises