EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine
The EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) defined operational and strategy priorities in Ukraine for the next 5 years: privatization and public sector administration improvement, energy security and efficiency, strengthening of banking sector and development of capital markets.
The EBRD will pay special attention to projects that will integrate investment and policy engagement in areas such as privatization, energy security and efficiency, the financial sector, trade, and infrastructure," the bank's release reads.
The EBRD will help to stimulate private sector participation across sectors and further commercialization of public sector firms. The bank will continue to support the implementation of modern public sector procurement as well as the introduction of proper public governance.
In the energy sector the EBRD will allocate more funds to create create a market structure for sustainable energy and improved energy connectivity. It will assist in the creation of increased resource efficiency and will help promote renewable energy.
In financial sector the EBRD will promote a stable and efficient banking sector, a greater variety of non-banking financial channels and the use thereof.
New strategy priorities also include improving integration by facilitating trade and investment, expanding infrastructure links, and supporting convergence with EU standards: the bank will invest in improvements to connectivity through better infrastructure. It will also help facilitate increased trade and investment flows.
- 16:5807.12770907.12.2018 | Investments77090Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossibleAfter the conflict in Donbass (Donetsk coal basin) has began in 2014, the situation in the state-owned coal mines looks like one long ordeal
- 15:1003.12737703.12.2018 | Investments73770EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise surveyEBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey in Ukraine
- 12:5722.1085122.10.2018 | Investments8510Horizon Capital plans to invest up to USD 200 million into UkraineHorizon Capital will invest up to USD 200 million into Ukraine over 3-5 years
- 10:2022.1071522.10.2018 | Investments7150Ukraine and IMF agreed on new programUkraine and IMF agreed on new Stand-by arrangement
- 16:1517.1070017.10.2018 | Investments7000Ukraine was downgraded 2 positions in competitiveness ratingUkraine was downgraded 2 positions and placed the 83rd in WEF competitiveness rating
- 10:0316.1078516.10.2018 | Investments7850AMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in confectionaryAMCU permitted Horizon Capital to buy share in Yarych confectionary
- 10:4509.10140409.10.2018 | Investments14040EBRD approved new strategy for UkraineThe EBRD approved new strategy for Ukraine which focuses on privatization, energy security, banks and capital markets
- 10:5628.0968628.09.2018 | Investments6860EIB invested in Ukrzaliznytsia and UkravtodorEIB decided to allocate EUR 50 million to infrasructure of Ukrzaliznytsia and Ukravtodor
16:5807.127709Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.127659Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.127413FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.126960Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.127331New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.127397Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.126998Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.126708VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.127377EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.127027Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises