Cyber police revealed large fraudulent financial exchange
Cyber police officers revealed organizers of large fraudulent online financial exchaneg.
It was reported by Director of Cyber Police Department Director Serhii Demediuk, according to press service of the authority.
It's noted the abusers carried out activities on the territory of several countries. One of the offices was located in Kyiv and accounted on about 60 employees. As to Demediuk, criminal group has been conducted activities since 2013.
"The group participants headed by 28-years foreigner organized scheme to defraud citizens' money. The scheme was established as binary option onlin etrading via some facilities," the release reads.
Law enforcers state the abusers purposely created web sources "binex. ru", "binex. ua", "binex. kz". They wanted to attract potential clients and creaet illusion of real online trading.
"The clients were offered to participate in trading via openning of demo account at which successful trades were imitated. Potential victim was proposed to open real account," the press service said.
"Psychological impact methods and special programs were used by abusers to make clients to place maximum sums on accounts," demediuk said.
"Abusers purposely conducted operations that lead to lose money by the trading participants. If the victim wanted to get money out before expiry the abusers refuted the client under various excuses and proposed to continue trading," he added.
The release says that the clients base, which was seized in the abusers office, accounted on about 15 thousand of people. Also officers founded CRM-system, audio records, list of abusers banking accounts and draft documents. Computers were seized and sent for expertise.
Criminal proceedings were initiated under part 4 Article 190 (abuse) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Law enforcers ask citizens to identify victims.
- 14.09.2018 | Securities market600Ivano-Frankivsk placed UAH 300 million bondsIvano-Frankivsk municipal bonds were successfully placed on PFTS.
- 07.09.2018 | Securities market1020Trading volume on PFTS increased by 46.7% in AugustIn August, trading volume on PFTS increased by 46.7% up to UAH 14.1 billion
- 06.09.2018 | Securities market630Volume of securities contracts increased by 28.8%In January-July, volume of securities contracts increased by 28.8% to UAH 145 billion
- 04.09.2018 | Securities market620UX stopped calculating UXagro indexUkrainian Exchange remained unchanged the index basket and waiting lists and stopped calculating UXagro index
- 04.09.2018 | Securities market2230Ukraine to pay out USD 444 million Eurobonds couponUkraine to pay out USD 0.4 billion on government foreign loan bonds due to the U.S. holiday on September 3
- 03.09.2018 | Securities market440Perspektiva gains paceIn August, trading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, increased by 41.3% up to UAH 16 billion
- 31.08.2018 | Securities market1150Chinese to buy 36% of Ukrainian ExchangeBohai Commodity Exchange could purchase shares of UX.
- 31.08.2018 | Securities market1880Cyber police revealed large fraudulent financial exchangeCyber police officer revealed organizers of large fraudulent online exchange.
12:4018.0917SigmaBleyzer to establish USD 250 million Energy Fund in Ukraine 10:3018.0951Sale of public land rent was launched on e-auctions 16:4017.0948Parliament may legitimate cryptocurrency taxation 14:1117.0956Exchange rate is expected at 29.4 UAH/USD at the end of 2019 12:3817.0950MPs propose to strengthen NBU's oversight 10:1917.0963Government approved draft budget 2019 16:4614.0952H&M opens another store in Ukraine 15:0914.0931Smolii anticipates new tranche after IMF visit 13:4814.0967Ukraine and EU signed memorandum on macrofinancial aid 10:2814.0960Ivano-Frankivsk placed UAH 300 million bonds