Cyber police revealed large fraudulent financial exchange
Cyber police officers revealed organizers of large fraudulent online financial exchaneg.
It was reported by Director of Cyber Police Department Director Serhii Demediuk, according to press service of the authority.
It's noted the abusers carried out activities on the territory of several countries. One of the offices was located in Kyiv and accounted on about 60 employees. As to Demediuk, criminal group has been conducted activities since 2013.
"The group participants headed by 28-years foreigner organized scheme to defraud citizens' money. The scheme was established as binary option onlin etrading via some facilities," the release reads.
Law enforcers state the abusers purposely created web sources "binex. ru", "binex. ua", "binex. kz". They wanted to attract potential clients and creaet illusion of real online trading.
"The clients were offered to participate in trading via openning of demo account at which successful trades were imitated. Potential victim was proposed to open real account," the press service said.
"Psychological impact methods and special programs were used by abusers to make clients to place maximum sums on accounts," demediuk said.
"Abusers purposely conducted operations that lead to lose money by the trading participants. If the victim wanted to get money out before expiry the abusers refuted the client under various excuses and proposed to continue trading," he added.
The release says that the clients base, which was seized in the abusers office, accounted on about 15 thousand of people. Also officers founded CRM-system, audio records, list of abusers banking accounts and draft documents. Computers were seized and sent for expertise.
Criminal proceedings were initiated under part 4 Article 190 (abuse) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Law enforcers ask citizens to identify victims.
- 05.12.2018 | Securities market2070Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to tradingUkrainian Exchange admitted Alfa Bank's (Ukraine) bonds of S series and OTP Bank's bonds of F and E series to trading
- 23.10.2018 | Securities market7350Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 18.10.2018 | Securities market1170NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 17.10.2018 | Securities market4840NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 04.10.2018 | Securities market1270Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 03.10.2018 | Securities market3830Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 02.10.2018 | Securities market1480Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 01.10.2018 | Securities market1460Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
16:5807.12206Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.1295Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.12100FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.1286Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.12179New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.12207Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.1296Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.1246VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.12174EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.12106Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises