Cyber police revealed large fraudulent financial exchange
Cyber police officers revealed organizers of large fraudulent online financial exchaneg.
It was reported by Director of Cyber Police Department Director Serhii Demediuk, according to press service of the authority.
It's noted the abusers carried out activities on the territory of several countries. One of the offices was located in Kyiv and accounted on about 60 employees. As to Demediuk, criminal group has been conducted activities since 2013.
"The group participants headed by 28-years foreigner organized scheme to defraud citizens' money. The scheme was established as binary option onlin etrading via some facilities," the release reads.
Law enforcers state the abusers purposely created web sources "binex. ru", "binex. ua", "binex. kz". They wanted to attract potential clients and creaet illusion of real online trading.
"The clients were offered to participate in trading via openning of demo account at which successful trades were imitated. Potential victim was proposed to open real account," the press service said.
"Psychological impact methods and special programs were used by abusers to make clients to place maximum sums on accounts," demediuk said.
"Abusers purposely conducted operations that lead to lose money by the trading participants. If the victim wanted to get money out before expiry the abusers refuted the client under various excuses and proposed to continue trading," he added.
The release says that the clients base, which was seized in the abusers office, accounted on about 15 thousand of people. Also officers founded CRM-system, audio records, list of abusers banking accounts and draft documents. Computers were seized and sent for expertise.
Criminal proceedings were initiated under part 4 Article 190 (abuse) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Law enforcers ask citizens to identify victims.
- 23.10.2018 | Securities market810Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issueThe Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for new Eurobonds issue
- 18.10.2018 | Securities market670NSSMC suspended UAH 1 trillion junk securities circulationNSSMC suspended circulation of UAH 1 trillion junk securities in 2015-2018
- 17.10.2018 | Securities market3830NSSMC reported on market performances in January-AugustVolume of securities stock exchange contracts increased by 32% up to UAH 174.9 billion in January-August
- 04.10.2018 | Securities market710Trading volume on Perspektiva reduced in SeptemberTrading volume on Perspektiva, stock exchange, amounted to UAH 10.7 billion in September
- 03.10.2018 | Securities market3190Trading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times over SeptemberTrading volume on PFTS increased in 2.5 times up to UAH 13.8 billion in September
- 02.10.2018 | Securities market920Astarta repurchased part of its sharesAstarta bought out almost 7 thousand of own shares
- 01.10.2018 | Securities market990Ukraine joins ClearstreamNBU: Ukraine is to get link with international depository Clearstream in 2019
- 28.09.2018 | Securities market1670PFTS excluded Motor Sich shares from stock exchange registerPFTS, stock exchange, excluded Motor Sich shares from stock exchange register
16:5026.1062Energorynok increased its profit in 3.7 times over 9 months 14:5526.1070Ukrposhta may close 7 thousand branches in 2019 12:1226.1069DGF changed KSG Bank liquidator 10:2126.1097NBU tackles stock market of Ukraine 16:3423.1063Vizor Software is to assist with XBRL implementation 15:2823.1052PFTS was reorganized into PrJSC 13:1123.1081Ministry of Finance contracted Rothschild as financial advisor for Eurobonds issue 11:5623.1071АХА sold two insurers in Ukraine 10:3623.1061Accounting Chamber revealed violations of UAH 310 billion during 22 years 16:4222.1071S&P forecasts hryvnya devaluation down to 30.3 UAH/USD in 2019