Banks were profitable in August
Over January-August 2018, incomes of Ukrainian banks (excluding insolvent banks) amounted to UAH 128.44 billion that is by 7.26% more compared with the same period of 2017.
The respective data was published on the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) web site.
Number of the banks reduced to 81 from 88 financial institutions from September 1, 2017 till September 1, 2018. At the same time, the banks' assets increased by 0.55% to UAH 1,341.15 billion, total assets (not adjusted to current operations) - by 4.77% to UAH 1.928 trillion over the reporting period.
The National bank specifies that interest incomes of the banks augmented by 9.52% to UAH 89.559 billion over 8 months meanwhile loan portfolio grew by 8.71% to UAH 1.127 trilion from September 1, 2017 till September 1, 2018.
Comission incomes increased by 33.77% to UAH 33.041 billion, other operational incomes - by 57.82% to UAH 5.432 billion, other incomes - by 25.17% to UAH 945 million.
The exoenditures of banking system amounted to UAH 114.693 billion over 8 months 2018 that is by 1.4% less compared with the same period of 2017.
Interest incomes reduced by 7.27% to UAH 44.903 billion meanwhile total volume of deposited sums grew by 0.68% to UAH 961.725 billion including time deposits of other banks.
Commission expenditures increased by 39.48% to UAH 8.281 billion, other operational costs - by 57.64% to UAH 8.908 billion, other administrative costs - by 18.99% to UAH 33.589 billion.
Provisions to reserves reduced by 40.75% to UAH 11.637 billion, other expenditures - by 11.9% to UAH 1.517 billion.
Ukrainian banks' net profit after taxes was UAH 13.747 billion in January-August 2018 that is in 4 times greater compared with the same period for 2017.
Regulatory capital of the banks (Н2) reduced in 24 basic points (b.p.) to 16.15% against required not less than 10%.
Quick liquidity ratio (Н4) grew in 15.76 p.p. to 71.67% over the past month against required not less than 20%, current liquidity ratio (Н5) - in 43 b.p. to 104.27% against not less than 40%. Short-term liquidity ratio (H6) reduced in 2 b.p. to 94.57% against required not less than 60%.
With regards to risk activities ratio, single counterparty exposure limit (Н7), which is limited by 25%, reduced in 96 b.p. to 19.83%, high credit exposure ratio (Н8) increased to 167.14% from 160.64% against required not more than 8-fold regulatory capital, related party transactions exposure limit (Н9) reduced to 12.83% from 14.51% against required not more than 25%.
- 16:1206.12527606.12.2018 | Banks52760FUIB afforced Supervisory BoardFUIB afforced the Supervisory Board up to 9 members
- 14:1719.11473519.11.2018 | Banks47350Megabank increases capital by one thirdMegabank intends to increase the capital by 35% up to UAH 835 million
- 12:1226.1090426.10.2018 | Banks9040DGF changed KSG Bank liquidatorDGF appointed Kovalenko as KSG Bank liquidator instead of Shkurko
- 14:0317.1073217.10.2018 | Banks7320Deposit Guarantee Fund increased assets salesDGF sold assets of 30 failed banks at UAH 114.5 million during October 8-12
- 12:5316.1059516.10.2018 | Banks5950EBRD appoints Managing Director in UkraineThe EBRD appointed Matteo Patrone as Managing Director in Ukraine
- 16:5908.1062908.10.2018 | Banks6290Capital bank liquidation was prolongedDGF prolonged liquidation of Capital bank for a year.
- 15:0705.1078305.10.2018 | Banks7830In September NBU 13 times provided information to law enforcement bodiesOver 9 months, the NBU provided access to items and documents within criminal investigations regarding banks for 112 times
- 15:1703.1066303.10.2018 | Banks6630Kostyantyn Vaismann stays in VTB Bank till 2020VTB Bank re-elected Kostyantyn Vaismann as Chairman of the Board
16:5807.125568Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125445Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.125276FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124901Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.125321New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.125337Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124947Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124669VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.125312EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124955Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises