ArcelorMittal says about pressure
ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih CEO, Paramjit Kahlon said that various agencies are systemically pressing on the company, mainly law enforcement agencies, with a proposal to "cooperate" in exchange to the absence of unlawful inspections and questioning of top managers.
Kahlon said at a press conference that a list of claims to the top managers of the enterprise was been sent to teh company on behalf of some agencies. He did not disclose the details.
"They are on paper – they handed a list of claims. We appealed to the General Prosecutor's Office," the top manager commented.
At that he noted that if journalists would make the boldest assumptions what are the claims in the list, there are high chances that they could be true.
"Law enforcement agencies press substantially. I cannot say if it is their initiatives or it is managed by a political force. This adds large risks for stable operation of the enterprise," CEO stated.
Paramjit Kahlon added that the enterprise was under multiple inspections and revisions without any grounds: "Our people are questioned under criminal cases – 80 top managers were called for questioning". Recently an environment protection rally was held and its participants who received money blocked the entrance of the enterprise.
"This is the open pressure forcing to share something with some persons. The only message for us is to cooperate with them. We would not fall for this pressure. We are an international company and the largest investor in Ukraine," CEO accented.
ArcelorMittal invested USD 10.4 billion in the enterprise in Kryvy Rih.
At that he recalled ArcelorMittal invested USD 10.4 billion in the enterprise in Kryvy Rih and intends to continue investment in its development and upgarde.
"I do not understand such a treatment with regards to the largest investor. We have raised these issues at the level of top officials of the state," he said, adding that he recently discussed the operation of the company with the Ukrainian Prime Minister as well as with the President.
"Today the leaders of the country are making all efforts to attract investment to Ukraine. But I am afraid that this might not happen for some people faults. The situation with ArcelorMittal is a benchmark for other investors. We would like to see the creation of favorable conditions for work. We have not left Ukraine in hard times. We supported people, including those in the ATO zone" he said.
"We hope that the situation would change for better. We want to invest in Ukraine," CEO resumed.
PJSC ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih, one of the biggest rolled steel producers in Ukraine, specializes in long products. ArcelorMittal owns the largest mining and steel complex ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih and some small companies like PJSC ArcelorMittal Beryslav.
- 16:2419.11317819.11.2018 | Conflicts31780TYME sued against NBUTYME, international payment system, refers to the court to declare as invalid the abolishment of its registration by the NBU
- 14:4008.1056208.10.2018 | Conflicts5620Investigation against EBRD head was launchedReuters: Investigation against EBRD head Suma Chakrabarti was launched
- 17:1010.0858510.08.2018 | Conflicts5850Oschadbank evicted one third of Zhevago's companyState owned bank evicted shares of AvtoKrAZ, PJSC, shares at UAH 185 million nominal price.
- 14:5829.0361729.03.2018 | Conflicts6170Ukraine intends to enforce Gazprom to pay debtsPetrenko said about ongoing preparation to enforce debt payment by Gazprom.
- 12:3508.02118408.02.2018 | Conflicts11840Taruta's business partner was detained in RussiaOleh Mkrtchyan, one of the founders of Industrial Union of Donbass corporation, was detained in Russia.
- 11:5030.0171030.01.2018 | Conflicts7100Danyliuk believes the sanctions are the most efficient influence on RussiaDanyliuk thinks that sanctions are the most efficient and powerful methods to influence on Russia
- 10:0818.0165018.01.2018 | Conflicts6500General Prosecutors' Office: ICU is not involved in Yanukovich's funds transferThe GPU didn't find ICU involved into USD 1.5 billion transfer by Yanukovich's entourage
- 16:4016.0190116.01.2018 | Conflicts9010Kolomoisky is indignant at fraud accusationsIhor Kolomoisky is extremely indignant at the NBU's claims on systemic frauds.
16:5807.123953Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123783Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123679FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.123375Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123771New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123804Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.123398Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.123145VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123756EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.123402Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises