NDU Rebranding: what, how much and why
... Everybody who even slightly follows the news on Ukrainian stock market infrastructure facilities may have noticed visual changes in NDU, more precisely, in its appearance in external public space. The Depositary has changed its "face" - the logo and corporate identity. Team of StockWorld.com.ua found out why this was needed, and how the process took place.
Regarding timeliness and relevance of such transformations there is only one comment - "Finally"! After all, the previous logo NDU has used since its legal registration in 1999. Depository itself explains that visual image update is determined, primarily, by changing of its status - since 2013 NDU has the status of the Central Securities Depository of Ukraine. Indeed, the neccessity to update the image was clear, and according to the organisation's information this idea was proceeded more than once, and not only by the last Board composition.
Ukrainian symbolics is at the heart of the new logo.
The process of choosing the design studio, preparing the brief, completion of prototypes and other communications in this part were coorditanated by Kovrygina Maryna, Head of Public Relations and Media. She explained that stylized Ukrainian symbolics is at the heart of the new logo. These are red snowball tree, silver and cross-stitch embroidery pattern, which is arrow and cursor at the same time. It points to the right upper corner towards success and development. "Ukrainian symbolics demonstrates the role of NDU in the National Depository System and the fact that NDU represents Ukraine at the international depository community", - added Marina.
It was also said that the new logo becomes basis for all corporate identity, including new design of NDU site, which, incidentally, has no visual changes yet.
Question about the cost of re-branding, NDU left unanswered, but clarified that the budget was average on the market.
Lviv studio VITAMIN developed the new NDU logo. Orest Zagorski, its account director, commented creation of NDU's logo: "Restrained lines and simple geometric shapes form a serious, business image, and a strong red color emphasizes the formal and dynamic working society. The main element of the logo is square, because, from psychological point of view, it is a form, which embodies tireless, persistent workers. Also, such a geometric figure means patience, responsibility and personal organisation "
What do you think of the new corporate identity of depositary?
- 12:4515.092874715.09.2016 | Did you know287470The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trends. Part 2.Global and Ukrainian trends and indicators in the field of investment.
- 10:1214.092891814.09.2016 | Did you know289180The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trendsHow has the field of venture capital investment existed during recent years
- 19:0031.082883531.08.2016 | Did you know288350"Hello" from the Mermaid, or how securities market of Denmark is organizedHow Danish stock market, one of the oldest in the world, exists and operates.
- 15:1003.082886503.08.2016 | Did you know288650Line - the first messenger on IPOThe history of initial placement of Line messenger.
- 10:0003.072936403.07.2016 | Did you know293640Chief Metallurgist of Ukraine, or a history of "Azovstal"Not a "blue chip" anymore, but is still the leader of Ukrainian metallurgy.
- 18:3006.062919906.06.2016 | Did you know291990NDU Rebranding: what, how much and whyNational Depository of Ukraine changed the logo and corporate identity
- 18:4502.062907602.06.2016 | Did you know290760Raiffeisen Bank Aval - godfather of the banking systemThe history of the largest bank in Ukraine, the "blue chip", recognized as the best in Eastern Europe.
- 10:2025.052887825.05.2016 | Did you know288780UAE: down from a mall, straight to the ballAbout the UAE's stock market - the country which has more oil than water.
16:5807.125204Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125074Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.124926FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124556Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.124964New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.124989Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124596Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124317VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.124953EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124604Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises