"Hello" from the Mermaid, or how securities market of Denmark is organized
According to analysts, the Danish stock market is of great interest to investors. It is under the control of European legislation which protects clients of the Stock Exchange as it is a key element of infrastructure and funds. The Copenhagen Stock Exchange (CSE) itself is one of the leading international companies trading options and futures. What are its characteristics and key to successful development? Details - in the note by StockWorld.com.ua.
Stable economy is the main condition for stock market's effective operation
In the early 2000s CSE completely abandoned the use of commercial halls.
The Danish government creates certain conditions for increasing investment attractiveness and is interested in attracting foreign capital to national companies. This is supported by:
- Strong economy. For decades, Denmark remains the state with the most sustainable economic performance. It is characterized by a high surplus of balance of payments (more than 4 billion dollars), a high share of industry in national income (40%). The country occupies the first place in terms of foreign trade turnover per capita.
- Profitable production. The lion's share of revenues to the state budget consists of taxes from enterprises of electrical engineering, food and chemical industries develop successfully. Traditionally strong agriculture is represented by meat and dairy cattle breeding. In recent years, high-tech sector and software have become leaders.
- Modern technical solutions. In the early 2000s CSE completely abandoned the use of commercial halls. Transactions and monitoring of trades carry out via Electro trading system, with which shares of all Danish companies and financial intermediaries are connected.
- State control. Option contracts and futures transactions are governed by the Danish options guarantee fund. Supervision over transactions with shares and bonds is carried out through the Danish Securities Centre. In addition, the CSE occupies a key position in the Nordic stock exchanges union, which provides wide opportunities in resolving disputes.
Stock Exchange is a key element of infrastructure
Denmark's stock market is seventh by the volume of bond market among European companies.
One of the oldest stock exchanges in the world is Copenhagen Stock Exchange (CSE), established by order of the Danish King Christian IV in the seventeenth century. For most of the time of its existence, the headquarter was located on the island Slotsholmen, and then was transferred to Copenhagen. In 1996 the company went out of the strict state control and was reorganized into a joint stock company. After this reform, a majority stake (60%) became the property of members of the exchange, and the remainder (40%) was concentrated by issuers of securities, traded on the stock exchange.
A universal set of tools is represented on the CSE. In addition to standard stocks and bonds, transactions on treasury bills, important indices, options contracts and futures are avaliable for investors. One of the novelties are transactions on share price indices.
Denmark's stock market is seventh by the volume of bond market among European companies. It is characterized by high level of liquidity due to national bonds' presence.
Today, the Copenhagen Stock Exchange is part of NASDAQ OMX Group.
By 2014, more than 400 companies, of which about 10% are foreign, have recieved the listing of securities on the CSE. It was quite significant for that period of Danish economy's development. The main index of the OMX Copenhagen 20 stock exchange is calculated basing on quotations of 20 companies which own the most liquid securities. The key currency is the Danish krone.
Today, the Copenhagen Stock Exchange is a part of NASDAQ OMX Group. Among the companies listed in the CSE are Carlsberg, Danske Bank, Nordea, Pandora Jewelry House and others.
Interesting fact: the building of the stock exchange is called Bёrsen (Børsen) among the Danes. Its architects, Steenwinckels brothers, crowned the building by 56-meter spire in form of twisted tails of four dragons, in Flemish Renaissance style .
- 12:4515.092874815.09.2016 | Did you know287480The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trends. Part 2.Global and Ukrainian trends and indicators in the field of investment.
- 10:1214.092891914.09.2016 | Did you know289190The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trendsHow has the field of venture capital investment existed during recent years
- 19:0031.082883631.08.2016 | Did you know288360"Hello" from the Mermaid, or how securities market of Denmark is organizedHow Danish stock market, one of the oldest in the world, exists and operates.
- 15:1003.082886603.08.2016 | Did you know288660Line - the first messenger on IPOThe history of initial placement of Line messenger.
- 10:0003.072936603.07.2016 | Did you know293660Chief Metallurgist of Ukraine, or a history of "Azovstal"Not a "blue chip" anymore, but is still the leader of Ukrainian metallurgy.
- 18:3006.062920106.06.2016 | Did you know292010NDU Rebranding: what, how much and whyNational Depository of Ukraine changed the logo and corporate identity
- 18:4502.062907702.06.2016 | Did you know290770Raiffeisen Bank Aval - godfather of the banking systemThe history of the largest bank in Ukraine, the "blue chip", recognized as the best in Eastern Europe.
- 10:2025.052887925.05.2016 | Did you know288790UAE: down from a mall, straight to the ballAbout the UAE's stock market - the country which has more oil than water.
16:5807.125205Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.125075Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.124927FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.124558Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.124965New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.124990Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.124597Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.124318VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.124954EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.124605Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises