Chief Metallurgist of Ukraine, or a history of "Azovstal"
Despite the fact that yesterday, "Ukrainian Exchange" has brought shares of Metallurgical Combine "Azovstal" out of the listing with the securities of other 12 issuers, this will not prevent us to talk about this industrial giant, which is not only a prominent figure in the steel market, but it has played this role on the securities market for a long time.
How steel was tempered
"Metallurgical Combine" Azovstal " is a company with full metallurgical cycle (from sinter and coke production, to steelmaking and flushing of bar shaped, shaped profiles and flat-rolled products of highest quality) - was established in 1930. Of course, the years of its active work occurred in the Soviet era, and with the acquisition of Ukraine's independence, "Azovstal" went on the privatization path. In 1996, the plant became a public joint stock company, in 2005 the company merged with the coke plant "Markokhim" from Mariupol.
Since July 2006, "Azovstal" is a part of the Metallurgical Division of Metinvest Group, which is engaged in the implementation of strategic management of the Group's mining and metals business "System Capital Management". It is also included in the ten largest metallurgical enterprises of the CIS and the three largest in Ukraine.
"Azovstal" is the only plant in Ukraine, which produces heavy plates for energy and special mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, bridge construction, deep-sea structures, manufacturing of large diameter pipes for oil and gas pipelines in northern execution (before the direct use undergoes ultrasonic testing).
Certificates and regalia
Most of the plant products have been certified by leading international certification and classification societies as German Lloyd, Lloyds Register of Shipping, American Bureau of Shipping, Det Norske Veritas, American Petroleum Institute, TUV Rheinland, Maritime of Shipping (Russia), Bureau Veritas (France ), that issued 35 certificates for steel products the "Azovstal".
By the way, in 2000, "Azovstal" has received a separate award - "Crystal Tower" - for the investment policy.
As of today, the company's authorized fund is more than 1 billion USD, CEO of "Azovstal" - Enver Tskitishvili.
To get almost all information about the "Azovstal" as an issuer in the section company's profile on StockWorld.com.ua: here you can find enterprises's reporting, exchange rates (though it is almost not relevant), data about the owners, changes in ownership and much more. All news about the company is available by the tag "Azovstal" .
- 12:4515.092713615.09.2016 | Did you know271360The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trends. Part 2.Global and Ukrainian trends and indicators in the field of investment.
- 10:1214.092730414.09.2016 | Did you know273040The market of direct and venture investments in Ukraine: figures, facts, trendsHow has the field of venture capital investment existed during recent years
- 19:0031.082721231.08.2016 | Did you know272120"Hello" from the Mermaid, or how securities market of Denmark is organizedHow Danish stock market, one of the oldest in the world, exists and operates.
- 15:1003.082723903.08.2016 | Did you know272390Line - the first messenger on IPOThe history of initial placement of Line messenger.
- 10:0003.072768203.07.2016 | Did you know276820Chief Metallurgist of Ukraine, or a history of "Azovstal"Not a "blue chip" anymore, but is still the leader of Ukrainian metallurgy.
- 18:3006.062758006.06.2016 | Did you know275800NDU Rebranding: what, how much and whyNational Depository of Ukraine changed the logo and corporate identity
- 18:4502.062746002.06.2016 | Did you know274600Raiffeisen Bank Aval - godfather of the banking systemThe history of the largest bank in Ukraine, the "blue chip", recognized as the best in Eastern Europe.
- 10:2025.052726925.05.2016 | Did you know272690UAE: down from a mall, straight to the ballAbout the UAE's stock market - the country which has more oil than water.
16:5807.123332Investors' coming to coal industry seems impossible 14:3707.123087Kyivstar got new CEO 16:1206.123053FUIB afforced Supervisory Board 13:5406.122804Chinese allowed to enter PFTS's capital 15:3305.123209New Memorandum on cooperation with IMF is approved 11:1705.123215Ukrainian Exchange admitted bonds of Alfa Bank and OTP Bank to trading 16:0704.122817Ihor Mitiukov was reselected as NDU's Supervisory Board Chairman 12:5504.122591VAT refund has increased by 12% since January 2018 15:1003.123177EBRD, EIB and WBG launch enterprise survey 12:0703.122834Ukraine is in top three countries by frequency of systemic banking crises